Friday, October 12, 2012

FABulous Friday!

As you might be able to tell, I have the day off from work today, and its great.  Or, it WILL be soon, I hope.  Its been a very frantic morning for sure.

Yesterday, I arrived home to a the little kitten I trapped on Short for TNR, huddled in the back of the carrier he was in, scared witless.   Thank you to Laura for transporting, which I depend on.  If anyone is able to help with transport on Thursdays, to and from Lollipop, please let me know.  In the meantime, I covered up the carrier so it was nice and warm and dark for him, got him food and water, and placed it in the front.  He didn't even try to escape.  Then I had my wine, and contemplated.  After speaking with Miss B. on the phone about a few minor issues she was having, I told her about the kitty and she begged me not to put it back on the street, that she would give the little guy a home.  We figure its about six months old, and I decided it was the best thing to do also.  So, the little bugger spent the night on my porch until morning, when I could be ready to bring Miss B. the works - food, litter box, litter, scoop and all the trimmings.  So we set him free - or opened up the carrier door of which he did not go past because he was scared to death.  He is a true feral kitten, and it will be interesting to see how and when he comes around.  If anyone can do it, its Miss B.  Stay tuned for updates and a name for him!  For now though, he is safe and warm which is where all these homeless animals ought to be.

Butters had his pre-surgery appointment this morning.  He is such a good boy, everyone fell in love with him at the vets!  They figured he was around six months, and I thought he was four months.  He's still my little baby!

Laura did not have success with trapping yesterday, and thats OK.  I figure even one cat a week makes a difference.  I just cannot rescue one a week, I must remember that!  :)

 I will be posting more pictures tomorrow or Sunday, finally got camera working.    Have a GREAT weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment