Monday, October 15, 2012

Another One Bites the Dust!

Yep, look who came walking up to me Saturday morning at 5:30 am. in the pouring rain, crying.  Yep, another kitten.  This one came from Hayward, as Butters did two months prior.  There is obviously a mommy cat somewhere around that I don't know about, but needs to be fixed.  This little sweetheart is a love.  I bathed her at 6:30 after I finished my route, towel dried her, and she's been a little purr  ball since. 


I know its crazy to most people, but as I told my mother and sister, who are always gasping lately because this is the fourth kitten I've rescued in two months, which is odd for me, what would you do?  Would you really walk away from a kitten, in the hood, starving, in the rain, at 5:30 am.???  Really?  No, they wouldn't.  And not many people in my circle would.  I let her out of the bathroom yesterday in the morning to get used to the others.  There was a lot of hissing going on, but thats OK.  They all know he is a baby and will tolerate.  As my friend Sue says, all my cats have been the new guys at one time or another.  I must find him a home, as my home is already too overcrowded now with five new cats (Vanessa, the mom to Pumpkin and Magic, Butters and new baby yet unnamed).

My baby Butters had interest expressed in him because his photo was on Petfinder, thanks go my friend Sue who runs Susie Q Dog Rescue (website coming soon).  I brought him over to a family nearby who was going to see how it went with their three dogs and two other kitties.  Butters had a vet appointment on Friday, pre-surgery - got his shots, checkup, etc.  He is a bit older than I thought he was, I am very bad about guessing ages.  They say he must be about 8 months.  But he still LOOKS little!  Anyway, I am not sure its working out.  Its been one day and he apparently is hissing at everyone.  Natural.  Yes.  But I am not sure its going to be tolerated by this family.  We will see, I will keep you updated.  He is totally in love with his brothers and sisters (my cats and dogs) and his adjustment lasted only a short while to them, but there is ALWAYS an adjustment period. 

I have many photos I took this morning of my shelters.  I can't thank enough Jess and her Dad for building me some totes, Bob for building me huts and totes, Kristin and Darrin for the huts, Jill for the boards (which are already stolen!), and a host of other people which I will mention when I can remember!  Here are the photos of some of my shelters as they stand today!
7th street


Central


ferndale


garson


Mr. Kitty


2 comments:

  1. excellent work Janine and very grateful for your regular updates on these kittys, you know I am always trying to find homes for them.....( Joe, hurry up shed !! ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I'm happy for Butters but sad for you since I know you're pretty attached to him. I hope it works out for him.
    Gosh, I'll have to get a new poster printed out now with the new baby on it! She just needs a cute name. :)

    ReplyDelete