Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Curly Tail Tuesday

Look at whats been hanging around Third Street~!  This little girl?  I hope you can see her tail!  Its totally curled.  She is a sweet little thing.  There is no ear tip, so I am not sure if its been spayed, or if she is a he and the doctor did a really good job at snipping!




There have been so many cats come and go in this business.  I have to believe that the ones I've never seen again are at peace.  And new ones are always showing up.  Just such a sad existence.  No wonder I can't name them all.  There are just too many!  But I love them for the time we have together, thats all I can do.  This little one has been hanging around for days now.  I wonder what his story is.  Wish they could talk!

The picture below is of the spot on Ferndale and Webster that my friend Kristin helped me build.  Most of the kitties there were TNR'd, but there are new ones hanging around, including two that are rather friendly.  Both are usually seen inside the little fortress that needs to be more reinforced for the weather we will be getting soon.  Its out in an open empty grass lot, exposed to the westerly winds and northerly (is that a word) fronts that come in from Lake Ontario.  
If you can see the board, it reads "Please don't steal" done last minute as we were placing it, in the pouring rain.  Spray paint.  It lasts!  And so has this little fort that I usually see two or three kitties coming out of when I pull up.  there is one plastic tote, and a feeding station, with a board over it, and a box crate under it.  Cozy for now.  And its been there for two weeks now!  Yay! 

This next picture is of a hut that Bob made for me on Short Street. I've added a plastic tote that Jessica's Dad made.  Its primitive, and again is in an open field.  This is where we just rescued the little black kitten that Miss B has taken in, who by the way is doing fine, still feral and hiding, but safe and well fed.  I need to figure this spot out more also.  With the wind and rain we've had, the board keeps blowing down on top of the food.  If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated!
If you click on these pictures, you can see closer.  I've rescued Buddy, Prince Harry, little unnamed feral black boy, and a few others from this spot.  The cat in the background is a very sweet homeless cat.  Very pretty also.  The one in the forefront is the one that chases my car down the street.  Cries constant until I place food down because its so hungry.
These last pictures are of the kitten I rescued Sunday morning.  It has a fascination with water.  I haven't given him a name, but I think for now I will call him Puddles. 


Please remember, this kitten needs a home, and quick.  Either foster or adopt.  Please pass this on!  Have a great day!

1 comment: