Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Love, Marriage, Baby Carriage!



But not necessarily in that order. I saw this little one this morning for the first time, on Webster near Ferndale. She came up to me, not too close, but enough for me to extend my finger to her nose. I think she (?) is pregnant. Auite bulky around the middle. Here we go. I pray I am wrong, but would love to get it trapped. I have two slots available to me through Lollipop Farm tomorrow – and have promised to help out one woman for a friend of mine, where the woman in inundated with cats on her street. She is actually under investigation because of the condition of her house and property, but she does love cats, but can’t seem to help them on her own. So I offered to help her, she bought herself a trap, and my friend will show her how to use it. So there goes one spot, and Laura has the other. I will try for the pregnant girl next week. If I had another trap to use tomorrow morning, I would, but then again, I have only two spots available to me. I also noticed a black and white kitty yesterday that had discharge from one eye, and it looked like a cataract - or he was blind in that eye.  So sad!  But wish all of us luck tomorrow, we must get two!!


These next pictures are of Butters a/k/a "Thurston Howell III" in his new surroundings. That is what their potential adopters are now calling him. It was a rough start apparently for the first day and half, but its been better and they are falling in love. Hopefully a great happy ending. Thurston will join two feline brothers or sisters, and three canine brothers or sisters! My many thanks to Sue from Susie Q Dog Rescue in Livonia for hooking us up! Her website is here: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NY705.html





Here is a picture of Puddles – I named him that because of his passion for water and faucets… He is absolutely FASCINATED by this! Smokey is beside him. You can see how tiny this little baby boy is after having come up to me in the pouring rain early Sunday morning. There has got to be a female on that street that is producing these babies, as this is where Butters was rescued also. Below is a picture of the clan gathered this morning on Hayward, and I suspect one of them is the mother of Puddles. Must get TNR’g here too!



This picture is of the first spot I go to on Parsells in the morning. The kind man John allows me to enter his backyard every morning to feed the cats here. Thank you John! I must get this more secure also, because the wind, snow and cold will surely enter this little shelter.

2 comments:

  1. How could they not fall for butters? fingers crossed for him as it looks like a grand home for him. Again great work o from you Janine and your loyal helpers. The clinic I helped at yesterday is trying to spey again early November, if that is any help to you, just waiting for conformation....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Butters (er, Thurston Howell III) looks very content with his new doggy friend and new dad. Sure hope the rest of the animals adapt, too.
    I'm praying you and Laura fill up your traps with lady cats on Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete