Friday, October 19, 2012

Mud

MUD  [muhd]  noun, verb, mud·ded, mud·ding
noun
1. wet, soft earth or earthy matter, as on the ground after rain, at the bottom of a pond, or along the banks of a river; mire.
2. Informal . scandalous or malicious assertions or information: The opposition threw a lot of mud at our candidate.
3. Slang . brewed coffee, especially when strong or bitter.
4. a mixture of chemicals and other substances pumped into a drilling rig chiefly as a lubricant for the bit and shaft.

It was very muddy out this morning.  We had rain overnight, and it was very damp and wet and foggy out.  All the kitties were waiting.  I must find a home for Big Red, he is a sweet sweet boy who has been on the streets far too long, and I am not sure how I will shelter him from the very bad weather we will soon be getting.   Please, if anyone knows of a barn situation, which would be my last recourse, please let me know.  I must help this senior cat.


The cat in the picture below that I trapped for neutering on Short Street yesterday spent the night on my porch in the carrier he was placed in after surgery, but as I look at the picture, I don't see his ear tipped, which I am a bit confused about, because they do tip ears when brought to either Lollipop or HFC clinics.    The other cat that I helped the woman out with trapping yesterday has been held at Lollipop as 'evidence.'  Apparently there was an investigation and seizure at the woman's house by the Humane Society and they came and took all her cats and boarded her house up and labelled it as uninhabitable.  I can't comment on the details, but its a very sad situation.  For all parties around.  Rochester and five of its surrounding counties have a crisis on their hands with the Humane Society enforcement with two people handling this huge area.  You can imagine how hardened these officers have become, which has left them with no sympathy for the caregivers of animals.  People like me included.  We have no one protecting our animals, nor asserting the rights of animals.  I could go on and on but for the time being, I will have to zip it.  
 
I wish you all a good weekend, and please say a prayer for the animals! 
 
PS, please keep in mind the three kitties that need fostering or adopting - Puddles, Magic, and Pumpkin!  I need to be able to save more!
 
Never act until you have clearly answered the question: 
"What happens if I do nothing?"
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Does not look ear tipped to me, ( must be though I spose ?) would be nigh on impossible in the dark to see it, their are a lot of them that have just a tiny bit taken off and that makes it difficult for trapping. Always many prayers for our abandoned kittys safety.

    ReplyDelete