Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday Theatrics

My titles have been lame lately! 

This morning I had the opportunity to TNR with Laura.  We had two slots available to us at Lollipop.  Just found out yesterday, so scrambled this morning getting stuff ready.  NOTE TO SELF:  Always have canned tuna handy in the house, especially oil packed.  Its really smelly good stuff and perfect for trapping.  As you all know, I hate to trap, but it must be done to reduce the numbers of cats on the street, and we certainly don't want what happened last winter, where I wound up rescuing close to 12 very pregnant cats off the street.  The thought of trapping a cat and having to place it back into a dangerous environment with winter heading our way makes me sick, but not enough people are stepping up to the plate to offer an alternative environment for these poor creatures (i.e., a barn, a shed, a home).   So, I set up trap on Short Street, where I have a very poor set up with a nice wooden hut (I need to add more to this, the wind knocked down the very thin, small board I had placed up against the hut sheltering the food below it from the rain) and I managed to get a smaller black cat, less than six months old inside.  Of course, prior to the kitty going into the trap, I had to scoop up a very friendly, very beautiful cat thats there each morning that is already fixed, because he would go into the trap to get the tuna and he has no business being in there!  :)  I scooped him up and placed him in the carrier I had in the car to go with me on my rounds, and no sooner had I been ready to drive away so that the trapping could begin, I heard the SNAP of the trap door.  I met Laura later, and handed the kitten off to her, as she began to set up her trap on Central.  So, its a good thing, I guess. I hope she was successful, and of course my thanks to her as she is helping ME with MY kitties, and thats a completely selfless thing to do on her part.  How many others are willing to do this? 

I brought my camera along with me this morning so that I can share pictures of my shelters, and it still is not working, after I thought it was fixed.  Its a crappy Kodak that keeps telling me 'internal memory full'.  I am just not sure how to fix this!  Any suggestions?  Have a great day everyone!

"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

2 comments:

  1. Hey J we had different problems with a Kodak Cam. but typed into google and got a solution from some "brainiac" on the net ! I am so happy for your progress, you and Laura are rare one's indeed. Love you both. M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think getting just one kitty fixed is something to be celebrated! Great job! God bless you and Laura for all the work you do. Sorry I can't help with the camera issue, tho! Google is definitely your friend for that. :)

    ReplyDelete