Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday Monday....

The Mama's and the Papa's... remember that song? WAAAAY before my time, but they still play it! :) Lots of news here today! The school teacher who's students built shelters for the cats came by on Saturday to drop off two with her husband and puppy! Very very kind people. They are neat little shelters and will make comfy places for the kitties that use them. I sure do hope they use them, and that they aren't taken from where I've placed them. I hope Smokey, the old guy on Central and Goodman, uses his. He had NOTHING. We are due a wind storm this week with lots of snow and cold. The other spot I placed one at is really iffy, but the two cats that are hanging around there REALLY needed some shelter, so I hope they both use those. By the way, the cats at this spot are friendly, and in need of a home. One is calico, the other is gray and white tabby. I filled water and food this morning at all my spots, and tried my best to place towels and such so that the snow we are getting doesn't get into their little shelters. I am grateful for the two I received this weekend, but really wish I had those at every spot, I wouldn't worry so much. Will get two more this weekend as the students built a total of four. I have 9 spots all together, so could really use five more! I also have a girl who has recently been in contact with me who reads my blog (hopefully) and wants to donate bath towels that I have been asking for. There are just so many kind folks out there. Also, "Gracie", the girl I rescued a week ago this past Friday, is doing very well at my mother's house, along with her 'son' Danny Boy. Remember, my mother lost her/my grandmother's 21 year old cat Kelly a couple of weeks ago, so Gracie has done a good job of filling that lonely void for Danny. All is well.

1 comment: