Sunday, December 19, 2010

Names

I've decided that my babies deserve a name. My first stop, usually there is an orange cat that I rarely see, and it 'lives' under a porch that I feed next to. But guess who came strolling up the sidewalk, but Dewey! Now, I feed Dewey and a calico down at the next corner, a couple of blocks away. I wonder if he saw my car, or could hear me make the kissing noise to call attention to my arrival. These cats are really smart. I held Dewey, he is a pretty pretty boy, and just the sweetest. Then onto the next stop where I did my thing with the shy little calico I will name Zina. She is very shy, but is letting me get closer and closer. She used to hide in the bushes, now she comes close, waiting for me to put the wet food down. She loves the water I replace with the ice in the bowl too. The next stop the kitties hide under the porch of the abandoned house, hopefully in the bale of straw I pushed under there. They are close to feral, but at least can be seen, which makes them semi=feral. The next stop is Smokey. My poor Smokey. An old grey and white spotted long haired boy. I just can't trap him. And he has always kept a distance from me, but I am sure he is grateful for my arrival every morning. Then onto Seventh Street where Fluffy and another unnamed white with dark gray spots lives. Then onto the next spot where Benny lives, although Benny hasn't been seen since the snow started early December. I don't see any cats there, although they have a great shelter, I just go to replace the food and water. Then around the corner where I go to the back of Paul's house where I have an igloo shelter and a lean to, and replace the food and water there, then onto Bay at the lot where Wilbert lives, and replace the water and food there, these are ferals at this spot. Never see them. Then onto the last and most heartbreaking, Hayward, where there are two reds and a black kitty. I had decided to name the black kitty Lulu until I felt around the back this morning. Now the spelling will be Loulou. A boy! I was quite surprised because he is a very petite male. And then there is Red, who is such a good boy. And the other one is a creamy creamy orange I will name... Orangie! I am glad I am giving them names, it gives them a little more ... realness. They are all innocent creatures who deserve a good home. I hope you will consider!

No comments:

Post a Comment