Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Preacherman

This morning, I went to my second stop, where Dewey and Zina hang, and found that the boards I have placed there, along with towels for warmth behind them, along with the plastic water bowl and the paper bowls for food were gone. What makes this so… unusual in comparison to the normal meanness I've experienced before with punks trashing my stuff, is that this is a small church. And guess what it says over the doorstep to the church? 'Home of Acts of Kindness' I am going to stop there sometime and speak with the pastor about this. I can understand someone not wanting to make the place look bad (in this already sad neighborhood), but why just throw my stuff away? I am glad I went past there from a different angle and was able to see my stuff by the garbage at the back. I left a note with my number to call me, but I doubt they will. What kind of House of God would be so mean - they knew it was for the cats. Home of Acts of Meanness is more like it. God is watching!

On another note, Acts of Kindness were plentiful this weekend. I received two donations. One by a 96 year old woman named Hilda - straight from Germany, who has a heart of gold. She donated wet food for the kitties. Bless her heart. The other is from a kind man who was referred to me for behavior issues with his cat, which I wasn't able to help, but he in turn has helped me in donating food. We've never met, but he has left food donations for me - cat food that is… I also received a bag of towels from a sweet girl named Lauren, who went out of her way to deliver them all the way from Spencerport on a very cold and snowy evening. Also, I received five fleece blankets from a girl who works here at the hospital, her daughter having a fondness for animals too, and whose cat just delivered SEVEN kittens yesterday. I also received towels from my very own sister Ann, who, in spite of her - how do I say it --- low fondness (?) for animals, did this act of kindness for me. Thank you - there are just such good people out there.

Tomorrow, don't let me forget to tell you about Mary Ann. Now there's a story… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment