Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Good Day Sunshine!

Well, the sun is shining, in spurts, mixed with heavy snow, but at least the sun is shining at the moment. It helps so much - we take the sun for granted at times. We see so very little of it in Rochester. The following excerpt is from a shelter building website. Its something I wish was a quote by me. Its hard to get shelters to areas I feed at as they are either someone's property or its an abandoned house.

"It never ceases to amaze me at how the cats instinctively gravitate to their shelters. Sometimes, as soon as they are finished and in place, I will see them venturing in. At other times, I have had them sit and watch while I measured and installed the shelters. Even when I find a little nook, barely big enough for one cat and manage to create a shelter, I find cat hair, leaves, etc. I have come to understand, over the years, the value the cats place on their shelters. It has been a remarkable experience for me to observe their little faces, sleepy eyes and dry coats, as they come out and stretch and go to their food. On those cold and stormy nights, when I am cozy in my bed, I can feel good, knowing I have done my very best to provide them with a loving place to rest their little heads."

I guess my point is that I WISH I had shelter for my babies out there, but I do the best I can with what I have. I continue to wish for bath towels and food donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment