Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Agua

That means water in Spanish....

Its been a snowy few days here in Rochester! I have done a lot of digging, and used a ton of towels and throw rugs to keep my babies warm. Its really tough on these guys, and the little tiny comforts I can give them - even if it lasts only a little while - mean a lot. I have almost run out of towels as they are scattered around the city - am now down to nothing. I even have some stuffed in places where the snow can get in between the boards and other shelter I have, it helps at least keeps the snow out. I had to skip one spot this morning on Seventh Street so I could make it to two I had to skip yesterday. Seriously, its backbreaking work when you have to shovel. So I have to save my back, and sacrifice one of my spots. This spot I missed should be okay, although no drinkable water, which I find these cats savour. I see them licking the water almost as soon as I get it in the bowl. That’s how important water is to them, and it makes me wonder if its true if cats lick the snow for their water when none is about. I see people look at me shoveling at abandoned houses, in back of buildings, while they come out to brush off their cars. I always yell over to them 'I know I must look crazy! - I am just feeding the kitties!' - and they laugh and wave. Truly, I am crazy.

1 comment: