Thursday, December 23, 2010

Law and Order

If any of you are television police drama fans, you should live in my world. Sometimes, there are some good episodes playing out in the morning, for real! This morning I went to all NINE of my spots. Nothing too dramatic at any of them, except when I pulled up on Bay Street and First, there were about 10 police cars, no exaggeration! Not sure what happened, but I pulled up at the tail end of it. There were some characters being put into the cars though, so glad I pulled up AFTER. Dewey was at stop #2. He is the SWEETEST boy around, he lets me pick him up, and as I scratch him and pull at his skin gently, he is purring away. He is very very desperate for a home. I need to think of something, and quick. There are also two dark, one being a calico, females there, so I need to think of something extra quick! I never got a response from Habitat for Cats about letting me get appointments for spay/neuter. Not sure about that... There are so many logistics that go into spaying a cat on your own, its just so much easier if you can trap and bring in the same morning. Without help from HFC, you have to first house the cat, then bring it to vet appt. for shots and initial exam, and then you make appt. for the neutering. Before the neuter, its already $125. The neutering part varies between $80 to $200, depending on the vet, and the sex of the cat. Last stop was where Red, Creamy, Butch (the dominant red), and Lou Lou hang. I didn't see Creamy, but Red Lou Lou and Butch were there waiting for me, always crying. I try to make it as comfortable under the lean-to as I can. I HATE leaving them behind. Please someone find it in your hearts to adopt these wonderful companions!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have called the Habitat for cats hotline number 585-234-2894 again to make spay/neuter clinic appts. I am sure it was just an accidental oversight that you did not receive a call back yet (at the time of your posting). One person takes care of it all and might have just somehow missed calling you back, as i am sure it can get overwhelming at times. I always tell people to call back in a few dyas if they don't get a return call.

    ReplyDelete