Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Blew It!

What a major disappointment for me this morning. I am so disappointed in myself. Red has drawn interest from a couple in Sodus who are wishing to adopt him. Red has been missing for three mornings now. He was there this morning, thankfully. I brought the carrier up to the lean to on the side of the house where I feed him, Louie, Creamy and the other big red cat, and set it upright so that the door was facing the sky. I opened it up, and then began to lay down the food and water. As Red was drinking from the water bowl, I scrunched him up by the neck grabbed his legs and threw him in the carrier, but before I could get the door shut, he got out, spooked as all get out, and will probably never trust me again. My one chance, and I blew it. This couple are very particular about who they get, so its not like I can give them Louie, who is very easy, or Dewey, also easy, to 'catch'. They want Red, and I blew the chance of him having a home. I have little faith I will get him now. It took a long time for him to trust me again since this past summer when I tried to get him. And poor big red kitty, the other one, is injured on his head. I will have to try to trap him after I get Dewey. These cats are suffering with their injuries, and its just not fair. They will both have to go to a shelter, as I do not have the finances, nor a home to bring them to to heal afterward. There is a sweet girl who reads my blog that is trying desperately today to find a no-kill shelter for Dewey, but if she can't, I need to get him, as he is acting sick, and I can't let him suffer. It was not a good morning for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment