Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Kitties!!!



Hey!  Good morning!  And it's going to be a great day!

How's that for positivity?  Ya know, there is nothing like a smile from someone you care about.  A smile that shows they are happy to see you.  Actually, a smile given to a stranger can actually make THEIR day.  So smile today, at everyone you meet.  You really could make the difference between a good or a bad day for them.

I don't know how I started off on that - this is supposed to be a cat blog.  I think I am in a very strange mood today.

It was quiet out - about 28 degrees, and I noticed there are a lot of cats missing. I haven't seen the mailbox kitty on the corner of Central and Second in a while.  He has been missing in big chunks of time, and then he will show up.  The fluffy red cat on Melville was missing, and now he is back, but leery of getting close, and looks really bad.  I am thinking of trapping him tomorrow to have him at least looked at.   God, I hate trapping. Because I know that I might trap another - even though that's a good thing, one more on the street that cannot reproduce. But I HATE putting them back out in this weather.  That is the problem. 

I heard about a situation yesterday on Weyl Street.  A woman that adopted Sunny from me has moved there, and said that she wants to take in a little black cat but needs to know it is OK to mix with Sunny, so I will have it spayed or neutered, and treated and tested for her, but when she told me this she also mentioned that when she put food out for this cat, dozens of other cats swarmed the food. This makes me incredibly sad to know there are starving cats out there.  I make her promise that she would put food out for them if I were to help her.  I am going to try to get over there this weekend and put straw in a shed she said she has in the back of her place.  I was also informed by another rescue group that this is a very dangerous street to be feeding cats on.  I hate this. 

So the kitties Lily and Rory that were adopted out last Sunday are scared straight and in a crawlspace when their human comes to see them.  I did not know about the crawlspace or I would have prevented this.  I would welcome suggestions.  They are coming out to eat and use the litter box.  This is not an ideal way to get to know the cat and the cat to get to know their new dad.  I am very discouraged and am not sure of what next steps should be taken.

Let's get this regal looking boy, Boots, a home.



Let's get this sweet little kitten, Pinky, a home.



Let's get this dapper looking boy, Jonny, a home.



Let's get this sexy beast, Joey, a home.



Have a GREAT day.

  "The moment 
that you start
to wonder if
you deserve
better, 
you do."

4 comments:

  1. Could Sue go to the house where Lily and Rory are and coax them out with her familiar voice and smell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and once you coax them out can access to the crawl space be blocked ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey is a girl. That's a calico!��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, Joey identifies as transgender.

    ReplyDelete