Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Feed a Cat For Christmas! Tammy D!

TAMMY!  Thank you for helping to feed a cat for Christmas!!!  I don't know Tammy personally, but she was instrumental in TRYING to make little Aayda's story public, which did not occur, but she tried her best.  Speaking of little Aayda, a/k/a Bean, she is thriving.  I must get an update on her!

Tammy, thank you so much for all you do for the animals!




It was quiet out there this morning.  I start now at the Central Park shelter, in the back of the lot, and under the tree for the two black cats that run to me.  One keeps his distance, the other sidles against my leg and cries until I place the food.  I then move on to Niagara, so the kitties can eat before the mean bastard comes along and dumps their food, and takes the board I leave if its raining or snowing.  I don't think he gets up at 3 am. to do this.  Then onto Second Street, two spots there, and then Fourth.  Two shelters on Fourth.  The second one on Fourth and Pennsylvania, there is a sweet little black kitty with a white-tipped tail, and she only has a short little tail!  Looks like a half!  Then the Pennsylvania Shelter, and then Third, before we start heading east toward Goodman, where we stop at Short Street, Seventh, and Central, Seventh and Bay Street, where all locations have very nice shelters, some large enough for five or so cats to sleep comfortably in.

Once that half is done, it's onto the 'Front Nine.'  I figure it takes me 1 hour to do the 'Back Nine,' and 45 mins. to do the 'Front Nine'.  The first hour is always eerily quiet because its 3:15 am.!  I bought pepper spray yesterday, and there were at least three instances where I could have easily sprayed myself.  For $13, what should you expect, I guess.  I was told by the shopkeeper they now sell Tazer guns.  Whoopee!  Wouldn't that be fun?

Update on Jonny, our only adult left before I can rescue another.



Here is what Foster Janessa has to say:

I've changed my mind about Jonny with dogs. I think he'd be ok with a calm one. He doesn't like Dunkin, but hes crazy hyper. As it is, they did meet face to face (accidentally 🤦‍♀️) and Jonny wanted Dunkin to back off by hissing and growling. Dunkin backed down immediately (maybe he does have a brain!) And Jonny let him go. That's such a good sign! Lol.
He hangs out in the dining room when Dunkin is crated or outside which is great! Dunkin's crate is in the DR and the door to the deck is in there which they can see each other through.
And he's SUCH a love bug!!! I really do love him. I know you want to get other cats off the street, but I'm ok with him staying with me as long as needed 😂
And he's just so good with the other cats! It's cute. He fits right in.



Let's get him adopted before Janessa loses control! :)

Have a great day!

"Fear has two meanings:
'Forget everything and run' 
or 'face everything and rise.'  
The choice is yours.

1 comment: