Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Feed a Cat For Christmas! KRISTIN Mc!

KRISTIN!  Thanks, my friend!  Kristin made a donation toward Feed a Cat for Christmas campaign!  Kristin has been my friend for many years now and has fostered for me for many desperate situations, and I am so appreciative of her generosity with not only this but in so many other ways.  From going out in the dark with me to feed cats, to help do my rounds with her husband when I had to go out of town, to rescuing kittens from wooden shelters, to being a teacher at a painting party, to sticking her feet in my kiddie pool with me when it was thundering and lightning, she's done it all and then some.  Thank you, Kristin! 

Greely Street/Parsells
This boy runs to my car each morning

Greely Street/Parsells
This boy runs to my car each morning

Above is one of the kitties on my list to save next.  CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE UP CLOSE!  He is a TNR I did earlier this summer when I saw a pregnant cat at this location.  I never did get the pregnant cat, but I got this little fellow.  I will continue to take pictures of those that are still out there and share them in hopes one of you falls in love!

Today was uneventful.  The forecast is predicted to bring us an inch or two of snow, and then this weekend - 50 degrees!  Yes, I will take it!  While it's great for the cats not to have to endure the cold, it also makes breeding easier.  I have not done a TNR in a few months now, but in the past, I never did in the winter months.  Usually, our winters are brutal.  Now I feel like I should be doing some trapping.  I hate trapping.  I hate releasing cats back onto the streets.  I usually start in the spring months and go all the way through to the end of fall. 

I would like to thank those that came to my aide when I needed straw.  Unfortunately, now I have too much.  Does anyone need straw?  I had only requested two bags full but got two bales.  I try to keep my garage nice and tidy, but right now its chocked full of stuff, including straw.  And to those of you dropping off towels, blankets, etc., I have plenty.  Please consider donating them to shelters for animals, or humans.   Thank you to those that drop off your open bags of dry food that your kitty didn't like.  I appreciate the thought.  It is used for the homeless kitties, whether they like it or not.  They usually will eat just about anything.  Anything but Nine Lives dry food.  And Meow Mix.  For some reason, these over 100 cats that I feed are finicky.  They only like Purina brands like KitNKaboodle or Cat Chow.  The largest wet food cans are also appreciated - it makes it that much easier when opening them to put the contents into a large yogurt container (6 of them) each day.  This is usually Friskies, but someone mentioned that Chewy was discontinuing this.   So must find a new brand?  I prefer to feed either fish, turkey or chicken - Pate or Shreds.  I am not keen on feeding beef. 

I also have too many plates and bowls at the moment, but I will for sure let you know when I need.  I had so many donate those also. 

I am very grateful to all of you who have done anything for me, no matter how small or how big.  I am trying to save the world, one cat a time!  And you are my helpers!  Thank you!

Have a great day!

"Kindness in words
creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking
creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving
creates love."

1 comment:

  1. Janine,

    I just contacted Stephenie McCormick from Hope Again Cats 585-704-8068 and apprised her that you had extra straw which she is in need of. I gave her your contact info. Keep up your Excellent work Cat Angel! and thank you very much everybody for helping Janine save all the discarded kitties out there.


    Walt Simoni

    ReplyDelete