Monday, January 20, 2020

I need.............

It was a wild weather weekend here in Rochester.  Snow, temps in the teens with wind chills in the single digits, then rising up 30 degrees to the 40s the next day, and then dipping back down to the teens the same day.  It seems the snow has not let up and will never again.  It's so depressing.  I just know it's not easy on these cats.  Especially the sick ones, which I know are out there.  There is now a cat, a young red boy, very sweet, hanging out at Syd and Jonny’s on Bay Street.  Today was day two that I saw him.  He was inside the shelter this morning – 16 degrees out – can’t blame him.  He is very pretty.  I need to get him off the street.  He’s just a teenager.  Anybody want to foster? 



Pinky and Boots are doing great, and are in separate foster care.  I still have to get a good pic of Pinky – the only close up was when he was in the carrier after I rescued him on Friday.   Boots finally came out of his scared shell and has shown his true colors. He loves belly rubs, cabernet and long talks in front of the fire.  Ha ha.  He really does love belly rubs. I went to visit him on Saturday.  I just love him but must get his nails clipped. Anybody want to help?

I saw Chappy this morning also.  He is a block further than ‘his home’ which is under a porch next to a storefront on Grand Avenue and Chamberlain.  He is now on Garson, and disoriented, I am sure. I am feeding on the side of the porch of a family that is allowing me to, for at least the winter months.  They are the family that wanted me to leave Fluffy, the cat that was so pregnant she delivered inside the trap that we used to get her the very same morning.  She is now Foster Mom Estelle’s kitty, another foster failure.  She delivered six beautiful babies, that have all been adopted as well.  They obviously have some compassion for the four or so cats I see here and feed underneath a cardboard board that someone made for me.  (Either Kim or Gary and June).  I had one shelter there also but now placed another this morning.  It's very obvious from the road, but the board and shelter have remained – except for the windstorm we had last week.  I found the shelter across the neighboring yard.  I lost the cardboard board that had been there.

I am in dire need of boards, dry food (Purina Brand Please), paper bowls and Meow Mix cups.  I am good with shelters, straw, tarps, and towels.  By feeding 100+ cats each day, I go through 40+ pounds of dry food alone.   I also use up a case of the LARGE cans of Friskies wet food PER DAY, and I go through at least 10 of the 5 oz cans each day.  The Meow Mix cups are helpful when you pull over for one single cat.  The 5 oz. cans are for the dual kitties under trees.  The larger cans – they are for feeding at all the shelters.   Its unbelievable the amount of money spent on this.  Thanks for your continued support!  

Have a great day!

"Happiness is a place between too much 
and too little."

No comments:

Post a Comment