Monday, January 6, 2020

Feed a Cat for Christmas! Terri C!.


Thank you Terri for helping to Feed a Cat for Christmas, and beyond!!!!  Thank you so much for your HUGE generosity!  I don't know how I got so lucky to have met Terri.  Terri is one of those quiet individuals, so quiet in fact I sometimes feel like a BEAST when she arrives to drop off her occasional BALES of food.  I'm sitting on my porch usually, drinking my wine, and she must think - God what a wino.  She catches me every time.  But Terri is just that kind of person, no matter what she thinks, she is kind.  Thank you for helping me to feed many many cats in the coming days. 

Thank you Walt.  Thank you for your advice.  I am the type of person that hates rocking a boat.  But this man is evil.  He took the board again yesterday so when I arrived, the ground was covered in snow.  I believe he is also throwing away the food.  Neither of us own the property, so I don’t know where I stand if I? call the police.  To my readers, I share Walt’s message from 12/31 post, in case you didn’t’ see it:

Janine,

Now that you have the Thieves license plate and have identified him and his vehicle from only a few feet away you can have him charged with Petit Larceny 155.25 of the NYS Penal Law. This is a class A Misdemeanor punishable by a $1000.00 fine / and or 1 year in jail or 3 years probation or Conditional Discharge and possible Restitution dependent on any prior Criminal history. 

You need to get ahold of 911 and tell them to send a RPD Officer to your house and insist on this scumbag being arrested for Petit Larceny for stealing your boards.

The only defense this POS can possibly have is if he owns the property the boards were being removed from.

Show the RPD Police Officer any evidence you have such as if you took his picture on your phone and the picture of his vehicle and license plate etc. and you will need the date and approx. time you observed him stealing your board. Be adamant that he is arrested because as you know he will continue his criminal activity if not prosecuted. 

I would not wait much longer to pursue his arrest if I were you. Good luck!

A friend of mine has an idea up her sleeve, so we will see…  But I really like Walt’s idea – It might stop me from the evil thoughts of what I would like to happen to this person.

I delivered two cats this weekend to new homes.  Both places I was not sure about at first, but thank God the people both wrote me updates – and you can tell the cats will be loved.  Its SO hard to bring a cat to a new home where you don’t know the person.  They might have a dog, you don’t know if the dog will eventually eat the cat once they are acclimated --- there are just so many unknowns.  You just have to trust their application, and your interaction with them when you deliver the cats to their new mom or dad.    Garrett, and Stella, both went to new homes.  I can’t wait for updates today on how it all went overnight for them!  I must thank Foster Estelle, Foster Gaye, and Foster Max for all they did for the two kitties.  Estelle took such good care of Stella when she arrived at her house, barefoot and pregnant, and watch the birth of all six babies.  Gaye was a mediator for Stella after she got too crabby at Estelle’s home, and we had to move her fast.  But luckily at the same time, someone wanted to adopt her.  Max took awesome care of Garrett as well, and I introduced him to dogs, which is what his new mom and dad have.  A big two-year-old male.   New Year’s day Saturday Sheryl and I delivered Tommy and Smudge, and Saturday we delivered Marbles.  The last of those four siblings that Sheryl was fostering.



MONTY in his new home!
Oh!  And guess who else was adopted...  MONTY!!!  My friend and sometimes Saturday partner Kim adopted him, and will also adopt Ellie in a few weeks.  She and her wife were ready to take on a new cat, and she turned to my rescue.  I am so grateful, and can't wait for updates on Monty!  Thank you foster Mom Gaye.  I know how hard this was for you. 

OH!  I almost forgot!  Guess who was adopted on Friday!  Fancy Pants (new name Shai - pronounced SHY)!  He is working on his relationship skills with his new brothers Timber and Finnegan.  He will get there.  :)

Fancy Pants

The weather outside is frightful.  It's not actually frightful, but its snowing.  At least it's not blizzarding.  Or dumping huge amounts on us.  I’ve only had to use the shovel at all 20 shelters once this winter so far.  I look at it this way, we have only two months of this and spring is here.  Woo hoo.

I am trying to figure out who to rescue next.  At my first stop on Parsells, behind the store corner of Greeley, is a sweet boy I had neutered and had to return to the street last year.  He now trusts us and comes up to us for a pat.  He is a beautiful black and white boy.  I feel so sorry for him as he stands there sometimes and watches us drive away.  I tell him, go eat!  Then there is a beautiful black and white little girl on Fourth and Pennsylvania with a short tail.  Not sure how that happened, but she is tiny and sweet.  Then there is the red fluffernutter on Melville.  He has some serious matting -  they can hurt!  I would love to have him groomed and find him a home.  I must get a picture.  He was a semi-feral and never came close until this past year.  Now he hangs around for a pet.  Then there is the black cat I’ve named Chappy, as he lives under a porch next to the store, on Garson Avenue.  Saturday Sheryl actually named him.  Chappy is a sweet cat.  Then there is Monty's identical brother from Melville also.  There are so many. 

One cat at a time.  That's all I can do!

"Starting today, I need to forget what's gone, appreciate what still remains and 
look forward to what's coming next."

Have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. YAY FP !
    Hey - did you try the disc reader I gave you yet ?
    If you have a pic of the Niagra street dirt-bag from the trail camera you can also give that to the officer. You might even have a pic of him TAKING the board from the trail cam. How can an officer refuse direct evidence like that ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joel,

      You are 100% correct! and thank you very much for everything you do for Janine and all the kitties trying to survive the mean streets of the Beechwood section of the city.


      Walt

      Delete