Monday, January 13, 2020

Feed a Cat For Christmas! Steven S!!!


STEVEN S.!!!  Thank you, Steven!  You are such a kind man.  I finally met Steven, after being Facebook friends for a long while now, at West Elm, where I had a kitten event.  He actually works with another rescue but came out to meet me and the kittens anyway.  It was so good of him to come to introduce himself.  Thank you so much, Steven, for your generosity in helping to feed many cats for Christmas!  I hope to see you in the very near future!

MONTY!!
I had a very strange weekend.  I am ever so grateful to Saturday Sheryl and sidekick Kim (Kim recently adopted Monty!) for going out with me every Saturday.  Sheryl is so good about checking shelters, rearranging boards and tarps to make sure that they stay put during windstorms, or when it rains or snows. 

And speaking of wind, we had a doozy of a storm Saturday evening through Sunday.  This morning, more than one shelter had to be fixed up with the tarp being blown off.   Poor kitties.  My heart bleeds for them when I am out there, which is another reason why I don’t like to talk about or think about cats after my rounds in the morning.  Most of my friends know this about me.  It's just too sad.  It's like the commercials that come on and you have to race to get the remote and change the channel.  You just can’t stand to see it or think about it. 

Something happened Sunday morning that I can’t get into, but I want to warn everyone, please be sure to always have your doors locked when you are IN the car.  No matter where you are.  You never know what a lunatic out of nowhere will do.  Just that.

GREELEY KITTY
I would like to rescue this guy next.  He is a very sweet boy that has been on the streets too long.  There is another red fluffball on Melville that needs rescue – he has really come around from a scared cat to wanting pets now.  He is severely matted, and it must hurt him.   The black cat I’ve named Chappy on the corner of Chamberlain and Grand, that lives under the porch, should also be rescued soon.  He is a bit older I believe and loves to be scratched on the head.  He is just a lost soul.  You can tell he really needs a home. 

I started out by rescuing adult cats, and I would like to continue that in the future.  It’s only been the past few years now that many kittens have come my way.  I’ve had some major problems recently, in identifying the correct sex, and while making appointments for the spay/neuter surgeries, it turns out I was incorrect for many.  I’ve been identifying when the kittens are way too young, and sometimes it takes an expert eye to determine the sex.  Once surgery date occurs, and the doctor finds out it’s the wrong sex than what was reported, it throws off the surgeries.  So shame on me.  And, not to mention, I look pretty dumb to the adopters.  So, in the future, all kittens need to be correctly identified as to gender.  Luckily, we are now down to three kittens, and all have had their surgeries.  Let's get Rory, Lily and Joey adopted!

LILY

JOEY and RORY
Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. Good heavens! Stay safe out there Janine! You are too precious to us all, humans and cats alike.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete