Monday, April 8, 2019

Recycle Your Heart

What a weekend!  We still never did get around to raking the vacant lot on Parsells, but Saturday Sheryl and Kim made headway with litter on Pennsylvania.  Thank you so much for your help this past weekend - Laura B. who has been doing all stops on her own.  Its a tough job to do for one person - all 20 locations.  In and out of your car - walking to the shelter, bending down to clean out, and fill the food and water dishes.  Its what has caused me to need a hip replacement at 39 years old for God's sake!  😛  Yes, its scheduled for June 4th.  Its going to be another nightmare for 5 weeks this time.  But come first week of July, I figure I can start doing this on my own again.  Thanks also to Kings, who has been doing most of the spots by himself at least five days a week, from what I can tell on the calendar.  Thanks also to Jacqui and Nicole, who by this time are besties.  I'm so glad I could help in making new friendships for all.  And of course, thank you every day for Danielle and Chuck for Parsells #3 spot.  Chuck works right there, so has offered to care for them seeing as how he is right there.  Chuck and Danielle adopted Macaroni and Cheese - the sister of Harvey and Huey, who were very sick at the time of rescue.  We missed this little one, and they rescued her.  They also adopted Lolly and Pop from me.  I need updates on them.  :)

NOT Miss Macaroni & Cheese,
but is her look-a-like brother Harvey


LOLLY & POP


I am still pondering on a date for a small gathering for everyone who has helped on my route. I wanted it to be outside, and before my surgery.  That leaves May.  Kristin and I are thinking about it.  Any suggestions?  I am still using a walker until the hip surgery, so walking even a short distance is strenuous but I do my best.

There are a lot of cats out there needing rescue.  I can't wait to get back out there.  I was alerted to a sick looking cat on Parsells #3 spot yesterday by Danielle and Chuck, as well as a cat or two that was on the roof of the boarded up house next door.  I received this picture of hero Chuck, who tried to get them off, not knowing, in most cases, if a cat can get up there, they will get down eventually.  Chuck said they wound up going into the house from the roof, which I did not know they could access.

CRAZY CHUCK 😮


GREAT NEWS:

Simon has been adopted!  By a great gal named Kim.  Simon has a new big brother Gomez, but Gomez is not so fond of sharing his space right now with a little runt named Simon.  But they will come around, I am sure of it.

Simon and his Mom 💘


That's it for now.  Thanks for reading.

Have a nice day.

"Turn your demons into art,
your shadow into a friend,
your fear into fuel, your
failures into teachers, your
weaknesses into reasons
to keep fighting.  Don't
waste your pain.  Recycle
your heart."


2 comments:

  1. I was there this morning trying to trap the sick kitty. Got a tan ear-tipped tabby instead. Did not see any red cats there.
    I will be back on thursday to try again.
    Tell Chuck to fix the sign ! half of its ripped off and us newbs cant find De-georges ceilings very well !
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for little Simon! He's so sweet! Great job Joel! I will be ready when you catch the sick kitty.

    ReplyDelete