Monday, April 22, 2019

Jacqui's Post/Tribute!

I have requested to my readers to write me something, not about me, but about a special story on their pet, or whatever, and thanks to Jacqui, she wrote in!

Story by Jacqui


I’ve known (and loved) Janine Wagner for a few years now, and admire her to the moon and back for her dedication to her street kitties.  I was one of the people absolutely horrified by the news that she broke her ankle and had to have surgery, as I realized how tough that would be on her much-loved, daily routine of visiting at least 19 feeding centers in the city.
I signed up to be a surrogate feeder for a few weeks – an activity a little outside of my comfort zone, to be honest.  I joined various outstanding people on their shifts and grew to absolutely love what I was doing.  I now have a partner with whom I feed on a semi-regular basis, and together we have so much fun…!
I found myself in tears last week when I thought that our feeding forays were nearing their natural conclusion, and now I’m looking forward to the next time I can go and see our buddies again…!!!

Thank you, Janine and Kings, for all you do xoxo

💓

OMGOSH, I love that girl.  Thank you Jacqui for ALL YOU DO for the animals! 

I am welcoming anyone that would like to post anything!  I can't always write like this - OMG, its been over nine years that I have been doing this blog nearly every single day!


What a weekend.  First, thanks to Sheryl (Saturday) and Kings (everyday) and Kate (Monday – 4 spots) for going out and doing the hard work of feeding over 100 cats in the Public Market area of the city.  We have to rebuild two spots and I sure could use some expertise help.  The basic shelter for a colony of cats consists of pallets, with plastic totes (dark in color), Styrofoam huts (spray painted dark), or wooden huts – ideally two on each side facing each other, with holes cut out and straw filled inside.  There would be a board on top of the pallet so kitties can stand properly, and a board covering the top, big enough to lay on top of the totes.  Then a tarp goes over that held down by heavy rocks and/or bricks.  You then have a board large enough to cover the entrance where the food goes on the board that sits on top of the pallet.  This is the ideal shelter.  The Melville spot needs to be rebuilt to this.  It has all the fixins, but its just not right.  Its been torn to pieces at least three times now in the past month.  I want my babies to sleep in comfort at night, until their breakfast arrives early mornings.  I wish I could walk to it and help rebuild it, but its so hard to walk with the walker any distance.

I rode with Sheryl Saturday morning.  I drove, she did the dirty work.  My hip was killing me throughout but it felt good to see my spots, and it felt good to roll my window down and make the kissy noise and see my regulars come running!  I’ve done the same thing for Kings past two days.  Its hard driving and getting out at the same time.  So at least I am seeing my spots.  The sounds you hear beginning at around 4 – the birds are all chirping against the darkness of the morning.  Its an absolutely beautiful sound to hear.

ARIEL!

ARIEL and HENRY!

Petunia and her kittens are all good, still have to get more pictures of the kittens my sister is fostering.  PLUS need to figure out their sexes, and then match the cute names I’ve come up with.  I am adding Rae to the list (like a Ray of Sunshine!)  Ariel and her kittens are doing good too.  Getting as cute as buttons!  I’ve got to get over there and meet Ariel, and see her babies now that their eyes are open.  Come rain or shine, I will get down and then up those basement stairs!!!   Speaking of that, I visited with Foster Mom Gaye on Saturday to meet Jasper.  A bit frightened of me the newbie, but he is in love with Gaye now and runs to her when she enters the room.  I hope he gets adopted soon so that he can run and play throughout the entire house, although she makes it good for him, he has access to the entire upstairs.   I always wonder if he is lonely, and needs a partner to get him out of his shell a bit more.

EMMA!

Emma was adopted Saturday, and I believe is now being returned because of her crying all night and keeping her adopter and tenants below awake for the past two nights.  Not sure what is up there.  But Emma is back on the market.

That’s it in a nutshell for now.

Have a great day!

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience."

No comments:

Post a Comment