Thursday, May 31, 2018

Here We Go Again

OMG, the heartache I see each day.  Most days its tolerant.  I know the cats are adults, and are as safe as they can be with the shelters I can provide them.  Those are the safe ones.  The not so safe ones are at one location right now, where the tenant, or property owner is throwing the food and water out after they get up in the morning, after I've been there.  The WORST is the kittens I find in shelters, like I did this morning, on Ferndale Crescent and Webster.  I was able to grab four of them, but two were tucked too far into an enclosed shelter.  I couldn't get to them.  They have serious eye issues.




That’s the rotten part about what I do, along with having to get up every single morning of your life at 2 am., and heading out into the dark no matter what the weather is, and feeding over 100 cats a day at 19 different locations (today I pulled over an extra two times in between shelters because I spotted a cat on the side of the road – and you don’t know when that cat had its last meal, so I get out and place food and water down for it).  But the good outweighs the bad.  You can either rescue a cat and save its life, or you can at least feed a cat and know its got something in its belly to last it a day.  I think I’ve rescued at least 20 or 30 cats so far this year, including kittens? 

Say a prayer for these kittens, including the two we are still trying to catch. 


Have a great day.

"There is a soul in each and every animal, and they should be treated with respect." 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god - I am SO thankful you found these poor kittens. I can't imagine how they have been suffering. You are a hero!!

    ReplyDelete