Friday, May 4, 2018

TGIF?

I say that with a question mark at the end.  Its Friday alright, but my weekend is going to be so busy I will wish it were Monday already!

WORD OF THE DAY:

car·pe di·em
ˌkärpā ˈdēˌem/
exclamation
  1. used to urge someone to make the most of the present time and give little thought to the future.

The morning was uneventful except when I was driving from one spot to another, I noticed stuff in the road.  Didn't think much about it until I ran over it (well, I ran AROUND it) and said...  hmmmm... wonder what that was.  I THOUGHT it was a rat, but had to confirm.  So turned around, went back, got out of car, and sure enough, a dead rat. A very LARGE dead rat.  Like any other animal, I couldn't leave it in the middle of the road, so I got a wet wipe from the car, and picked it up by the tail, and placed it on the side of the road.  How is THAT for excitement.



The six little rug rats joined the Wagner household last evening.  They were scared for sure.  But after a while, and certainly by this morning, they were running around, jumping, hopping, rolling, eating, and generally having a good time.  Some are more shy than others.  I love it when they hop sideways when they are playing with one another!  I have a playpen someone donated, and its so big it takes up the entire room its in.  I will keep it up for a little while, but its monstrous.  It would be great for someone with a huge house, and/or a nice shady place outside to have kitties in to enjoy the birdies.







I will get a Buffy update today from Mama Carol, who obviously helped raise these little kittens into who they are now.  Take a bow Carol.  :)

The other three rug rats are still slowly weaning from the bottle.  Still a 1 am. wake up to feed, but they are slowly beginning to munch on the slurry I make with the wet, and formula.  Plus a little dry baby kitten chow also.  The problem with this is, they walk in the food and get it all over themselves.  And then it gets stuck to their fur when it dries!  They need a bath!





I have people coming over to meet and greet tomorrow and Sunday.  We will see how it goes.  Wish me luck.  Kitten Paloozza!  :)

Connor is doing much better since being on the meds he was prescribed.  Four different ones!  Joanne, his foster, is amazing.  For first time foster, she took this job very seriously!  I would love to be a cat under her care.  :)  Melissa is also doing a fabulous job.  She is an 'old timer' in the foster world, and I rely on her to turn a beast into a baby when I rescue the wild ones.  Right now she has Onyx, and hopefully Onyx will be going to his new home soon.  I have someone who wants to meet him tomorrow as well!  Wish us luck!

CONNOR
Jewel is still hanging in there.  He has the run of the house at my home, but still doesn't quite look right.  He has very greasy fur in the back, and the fur is falling out.  He doesn't seem to be grooming himself.  I worry, and have scheduled a vet visit for the 14th.  The cats I rescue - they cost me a fortune.  Connor alone has cost me nearly $800, if you can believe it.  THREE VETS.  The first one removed the tumors - to the tune of $205.  The second one overlooked some very obvious things about why he was itching, and losing fur - to the tune of $134.  The third one seemed to be the charm, I hope, but that was to the tune of $500 and change (not including the $41.77 for the fourth medicine prescribed).  Hoping to get a better picture of him soon!  He sure is handsome, and will be more soon once we get him fixed up!

All in all it was a good week.  I feel bad I don't have updated pictures, but my cell phone is not working. I might have to dig out the old camera?  Camera?  Whats that?  :)

Have a great day!

"Conquer
from
within."

2 comments:

  1. Yaay Connor ! He sure does appreciate all your doing for him !
    Thanks Joanne !

    ReplyDelete