Monday, May 21, 2018

Lost and Found


I begin today’s post with a heavy heart.  I found out yesterday morning that a kitty that is being fostered got out a window the night before last, and has not come back.  This kitty was supposed to go to a new loving home yesterday.  I am so sad not only for me, but for the cat finding its way in an unfamiliar territory, and for the would be adopters.  I also learned yesterday that a kitten I adopted out last year to a nice couple got out unexpectedly and has not come back.  Please say your prayers for Chewy and Sammy.  Chewy is in the Caledonia area, and Sammy is in the Hilton area, both country locations.  If enough of us pray to St. Anthony, they might be found sooner rather than later (hopeful thinking).

CHEWY

CHEWY

SAMMY Today


I also am experiencing two of my Parsells locations that I’ve fed cat at  for so many years being dissolved.  On Friday, I had a note taped to the shelter at Parsells #2 to remove my stuff from the ‘front of the house’ so I moved everything to the side.  This morning there was a note to remove everything from the property.  I wrote a note back after getting back home, and will place it tomorrow on the shelter, hoping for a little mercy from the person writing the notes.  It says:  “Hello – I have been rescuing cats from this location for at least 5 years now.  Last year I removed 15 cats that went to shelters, were adopted, or went to barns in the country after your new neighbor moved in and wanted everything out from his once vacant property.  I am trying to get them all fixed so that there aren’t as many reproducing.  Right now there is a mother cat and kittens I am trying to catch.  Please allow these shelters until I can.  They need these.  Thank you.”

I am praying this person allows me to continue to feed the six or seven cats that depend on this food, and have nowhere else to go. 

On a brighter note, Cashew went to his new home, and Fritzi and Buster went to their new home together.  Tucker will go to his new home today but will be joined by Saffy and Poppy who remain unadopted as of today (and not for the lack of interest!  I have so many applications to wade through), because I didn’t want Tucker to be alone while mom goes to work as a teacher, and the children in the house are gone all morning, so they have each other to play with.  Mom will be getting out of school soon, and the latter kittens will for sure be adopted soon.

Connor will be going to his checkup some day this week thanks to Kristin who lives and works around where he is being fostered, and where the vet is located.  He is still overgrooming himself so we want to make sure all the little bugs are gone.  :0

I have neglected Parsley, Hermie and Buffy throughout this and have to catch up with their foster mom.  They REALLY need a new home.  Lets help to find them one.  Need new pictures, that is for sure.

That’s it in a nutshell.

Have a nice day.



St. Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find Chewy and Sammy who are lost. At least restore to me peace and tranquility of mind, the loss of which has afflicted me even more than my material loss. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment