Thursday, May 17, 2018

Chain Gang

The Pretenders...  anybody remember that band?  Chrissie Hynde?  Loved that era, loved the music...

It was a quiet morning out there.  Came very close to a skunk.  I didn't know he was hanging around inside a shelter, but out he ran, before I could stick my face down into it.  There are many a mornings where I have to skip a spot, because of a person hanging around, or a car with its lights on parked nearby - I don't want people to see me.  It COULD be dangerous for me, and it could potentially bring attention to my hidden spot where someone can destroy the shelter I've built.  There have been many occasions where someone is parked with its lights on, and come to find out they are slumped over the steering wheel, most likely drunk and passed out.  At least I hope that was the case with most that I've encountered, and not dead!  Some I call the police about, some I just wait.  This morning, a car pulled up next to this car with someone slumped over the steering wheel - the car was half pulled over, half in street - and must have woken the person up.  It actually happened right on the corner of my street once!  The car was running, I called the cops, but before they came, the person must have woken up (after I tapped on the window to see if he was dead) and drove to church parking lot across street and turned off car.  Cops told me later, they could have gotten him with DWI if the car was still running.  Did you know that?   I did not.

George from Garson
George has been missing from Garson Avenue.  For about two months now as a matter of fact.  I just hope someone saw him and took him home to be loved and cherished like he should have been years ago since I started feeding him.
The story from yesterday -- I found out the red kitten's name - mind you this is Harvey and Huey's sister!  Her rescuers named her Miss Macaroni N. Cheese.  I LOVE THAT!  :)  And Harvey and Huey's adoptive parents send Kristin these recent photos of them.


HARVEY and HUEY Today



They've gotten SO big, and their eyes look so much better!  Sick kittens are very hard to deal with, I certainly know that for a fact.!

For those of you not on Facebook, here are some pics I posted yesterday of Fritz whom I just rescued on Monday!  Thanks Amanda for these great shots!  And for offering to foster! 


FRITZ!

Amanda said he is so sweet that he has made himself right at home, and she is not even keeping him segregated!  He gets along with EVERYONE!  He is available for adoption!  :)

Chewy a/k/a Fiona is going to her new home this Sunday.  We are all very excited!  Amanda, myself, and her new parents Tommy and Alla, and of course, Fiona herself!  It will be some adjustment for all involved.  And one less kitty for Amanda to care for, and one more cat saved from the streets!

Dixie and Cashew

BEAR strikes a pose

The kittens are a handful.  One of the black kittens had to be brought to the vet yesterday.  She fell off of something she had climbed up on Saturday, and was sort of walking funny.  I thought maybe she had a little sprain, or just spooked herself.  I kept an eye on it until yesterday, when she was still favoring her leg, and brought her to the vet.  She has calcivirus.  Boo.  So now I am segregating her, but decided she is so young, and sweet, and cuddly, I couldn't leave her alone, so have put her siblings in with her and am treating them all.  The other kittens - the doctor suspects - are older and their immune system was stronger so didn't catch it.  Its true what they say about mothers milk.  All in all, I am taking precautions.  As if I didn't have enough on my plate.

One day at a time, right?  Have an AWESOME day!

PS, one more look at our Connor boy...  (still waiting on pics of Hermie and Parsley... tap tap tap!)

CONNOR



“My imperfections and failures are as
Much a blessing from God as my
Successes and my talents and I lay

Them both at His feet.”

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update on Connor! Something about that boy tugged at my heartstrings. So glad he is doing well.
    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much you are doing! Seriously!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete