Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Thank God its Tuesday!

Well, I had some awesome pictures of kitties this weekend, but now I've lost them some where on my computer when I went to save them.  Bollocks!  Its my new camera!  I might have to give in and get a new cell phone!  This camera crap is too much!

My Weekend
It was a quiet weekend as far as going out and feeding in the hood.  The weather was great - warm - and there were very few people walking the streets.  For a while I thought that the bootleggers house was closed down - this is where you can buy beer, cigarettes, and who knows what else, through a window.  Second Street is very popular at four in the morning due to this...  And then it was not.  It seemed no one was pulling up with their music blaring, and tap rap tapping on the window for their drug of choice. But I think they are back in business.  And with the warmer weather, there are more people up partying until 4 and 5 a.m.  So there were more cars than normal, but not as much foot traffic as there has been over the years.  I saw homeless Will who told me a few new jokes, none that can be repeated here, but I got a good laugh for sure.

I've had no appointments scheduled at the clinic to do TNR, which is very much needed, but will have some in June so I guess I have to settle for that.

There have been no sightings of the three missing cats that I rescued, and either adopted our or had fostered.  Both places are in the country, and its been a few weeks now, and I am assuming the worst.  I will never see Chewy (rescued from Central), or Marti (Simon) (rescued from Melville) or Sammy (rescued from a Chili farm as a kitten with his siblings) again.  There are too many dangers in the country, far more than the city.  It hurts my heart to think about it, but I have no hope for them, lost in the wilds not knowing where they are.  I just pray they had sudden ends, and did not suffer.

FRITZI!

On a good note, Fritzi went to his new home, and from the few reports I've received, he is adjusting.  He joins two younger pit bull dogs, a brother and a sister, a few fish, and a bunny that could be his twin.  His human family has promised to take good care of him.  I for sure checked the windows and screens before I left, something which is now top priority for me.

TUCKER a/k/a CHEETOH


CASHEW
(with his new scarf his big sister finger knitted for him!)
Four of Buffy's babies have gone to their perspective new homes to begin the bonding process before their surgeries mid-June.  All four are doing very well from the reports I am getting.  I will get those pictures downloaded this evening and share those tomorrow.  I miss them terribly.  That's Buster, Cashew, Tucker and Fritzi (the kitten).  Poppy and Saffy are still with me, and Poppy is actually going to be adopted by a very sweet girl named Audrey.  Audrey came over to meet her on Sunday, actually to meet both of us!  Meeting people to adopt these babies is almost like you are interviewing for a nanny or babysitter position.  You must know and trust the people that you are entrusting a tiny kitten's life with!  Saffy is up for adoption still, after someone backed out.  She was a bit young, and had to have her mom's approval, which didn't happen.  Sweet girl nevertheless.

Lolly and Pop are doing fabulous, getting more accustomed to being indoors now.  And handled by a human!  :)  We also have Saffy and Dixie still available for adoption!


PARSLEY!

We also have Buffy, Parsley, Hermie, Connor and Jule.  All need to be seen by a vet.  Connor was brought to his 4th appointment on Friday.  It didn't go so well.  He is still troubled by several issues, including a mass they saw inside his ear.  The vet will do an estimate and send off as he will have to have a biopsy done on this mass to see what it is.  If its a polyp, it can be easily removed, if it isn't, there is no telling.  Either way, he is a very expensive little boy, as this checkup cost me another $230.  Grand total so far, $1K + with all the medicines included.  I don't know how long I can go on but his sweet foster- Joanne, is doing everything she can to raise money for him, and has started a GoFund Me page.  Thanks JoAnne, for caring.  Here is the link to that.

CONNOR!~

https://www.gofundme.com/help-connor-the-cat-get-well

That's all I have for now, I have to scoot off to my OTHER full time job.  :(

Have a great day!

"Destroy what destroys you."

No comments:

Post a Comment