Friday, June 1, 2018

WATER! I Need WATER!

To begin with, if you are reading this, go to your kitchen, get a big bowl out, fill it with water, and place outside somewhere around your house.  All animals need water, and on hot days like these, its a valuable commodity.  Even if its a bumble bee - we all need water.

What a tough morning for me.  I have removed so many dead cats that were hit on the city streets.  The monster that hits them and drives away to leave them for others to run over.  I remove them each time and wrap their bodies in a clean dry towel, and place them in the shade, or under a bush.  God knows I have no room left on my property for another body.  Its virtually a graveyard of animals.  

I've removed dead cats but they were all adults and you sort of get used to it - I rarely cry.  But seeing this little tiny baby, just laying there as if it were asleep, and seeing its condition from the upper respiratory infection that took over its eyes, it was heartbreaking for me.  I'm still very emotional writing this.  When babies die...  I am glad I could save the other SIX from suffering.


This little baby did not make it

Eye not so bad after I cleaned it up, but still sick

Pray they can save this eye.... 


I want to give a shout out to Keller’s Kats.  I knew they know their stuff when it comes to terrible eye conditions, and with me being as small a rescue as I am, and they having many more resources/fosters than I do, I reached out and asked if they could take the first four, and they just offered to take the remaining two.  Thank you so much! I know these babies will go on to live happy lives, and I will work on their mom for spaying, actually there are a lot of cats at this location now, and I assume none are ear-tipped.  This is where I just rescued Fritzi from also.  Unfortunately, this shelter will not be around for long as it’s on the property of a vacant HUD house and they will be coming around to mow and check the property out and move my shelters to the curb.  I expect to see it any day.  So sad for all these cats.  I am so glad I was able to get these kittens before they did.

We need safe shelters for cats around the city, and the CITY officials should be providing and helping to maintain these!  The CITY officials should see these pictures of these poor innocent suffering animals, and should not be removing shelters, anywhere!

On a brighter note, Parsley will be going to the doctor to have his teeth checked out, and Buffy is having her medical records checked before she is spayed – we all remember how scary it was for her two days after giving birth, and having to be rushed to emergency!  Hermie is just Hermie, a sweet and loving guy, and Jule is just Jule.  He is with me, and looking SO much better after Dr. Gschrey examined him and deemed him perfectly healthy!



Lolli and Pop are also available for adoption, and get a load of their new pictures!  And don't forget Saffy and Dixie are still available.





Have a great day!

Image result for quotes on treating animals with respect

No comments:

Post a Comment