Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Every Day

Our lives are a large collection of single days one right after the other. The sun rises, the sun sets, and it rises again. And in the end, the lives we chose to live will be determined by how we choose to spend each day.
Unfortunately, I embraced very little in my younger days. I survived each new day, but made little effort to make the most of it.  Instead, they just came and went… and many were wasted.
But over the past few years, my views have changed. I ‘ve started to view each day as an important gift. I try to embrace each one individually and discover the potential it holds. After all, some may get more days than others, but each of us have been given this one. And we ought to be making the most of it.
Every day, we go through the motions of living.  We wake, we brush our teeth, we have something to nourish our bodies, if we are lucky enough we have a job that keeps us busy on workdays, and then we go to sleep.  And we get up, each day, and do those things all over again.
Every day, for me, I do all those things, but also drive to the Beechwood neighborhood to feed a lot of cats.  And I mean a LOT of cats.  I go to 19 different stops to get out of my car, and walk to a shelter I've set up for a colony of cats that 'reside' there.  And at every single one of those 19 places, I am always expect the worst when I arrive.  Did the City remove my shelters from the vacant lots, did the City remove my shelters from the abandoned houses that are now being paid attention to?  Did someone buy this house and are now fixing it up?  I have felt dread at each of my spots every single morning since I've been doing this.
Because its taking away an innocent animal's safety and security.  Their only home.  They have enough problems with predators, fleas, mites, lice, pregnancies, fights with other cats, the weather, cars, and not enough to eat.  How can we remove their shelters?  But it happens over and over again on my route.  Not today, but the day is coming.  And I just dread my journey to help them, daily.  Fear of the unknown.  Today its raining, and if their shelters were removed, I would have to scramble and place their food in the rain, find a spot under a tree. Grab a piece of wood in the back of car and try to lean it against something to place the food under it to keep it from getting wet. 
This is what I do every single day, on top of all the other things we do as humans.  Today I go to Walmart to purchase another $100+ worth of food to last another four days - what is donated is just not enough. 
I want to open a shelter here in the city to house my stuff, to have volunteers come and help me, to have a part-time veterinarian to help with the medical needs for the cats I would bring them to here.  I want a safe spot, SOMEWHERE!  for these poor animals!  That's my dream.  I'm always dreaming. 



.No sight of Chewy/Fiona, no sight of Sammy.  I just know they will show up somewhere, the waiting is the hard part

SAMMY as a little boy

I still need to get an update and pics from foster mom Carol, who is busier than ever with her business, on Parsley, Hermie and Buffy.  I have been neglectful for going myself to see them.  And I still don't have a camera or new phone to take a picture with.  But I'm working on it.  Buffy will go in for spay when her babies are done.  Same day.  Wonder if they will recognize each other, or even see each other!  At some point, Buffy, Parsley and Hermie need to find a loving home.  Someone with a big heart who will give them time and patience and let them come around on their own terms.  You will never receive love like that when the do. 

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE!


Do you all remember the kittens from last year, particularly TEDDY?


TEDDY is on the right!

Well get a load of Teddy now!  With his canine sibling pal!  Click on link below!  :)

  https://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.buscemipainter/videos/10216369044161836/

That's all I have today. 


Please consider adoption!


"Find time each day to feed
your soul by embracing gratitude, laughter, hope, and faith."

2 comments:

  1. Well your sure as hell making the most out of everyday now !
    All these kitties appreciate what your doing for them !
    How do I know ?
    I'm in their heads (figuratively that is)
    LOL
    Always ready to help J !
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also - I can SEE it happen when Im riding along.
    I am extremely observant and love to watch the cats react as we pull up.
    They roll over exposing their vulnerable bellies, they meow, they swirl.
    They know your there to help them.
    Even PITA tries to show how glad he is to see you by getting in your face so much you have to push him away.
    They cant speak human, so they try to show you. I dont have to pretend to be a cat to see that. That is plain as a tail on a cat !
    :)

    ReplyDelete