Friday, May 12, 2017

TGIF!!!

Yes, thank God.  Although its going to be another busy weekend.  I must get out there and get some planting done.  Tidied up the city garden, even though I was told to remove my things.  I must keep it up.  Mowed, and raked.  Not sure if I will plant flowers there this spring.

Then we have Mother's Day.  My heart aches for those that have lost their mom.  Aches.  I know mine would if and when I lose mine.  Death sucks.  Its so inevitable.  My mom taught me a great lesson in compassion for animals.  I am so glad she did.  She loves them as much as I do.  Thanks Momma Bear!

Sick kitty on Central and Fifth
It was another quick morning for me out there.  For those of you not familiar with what I do, I go out each and every morning to feed cats - I can count 100, Lord knows there are so many other lurking fearfully, hidden, waiting for me to leave so that they can also partake in the food I leave.  I have around 17 locations where shelters are there for them to use in inclement weather, and just to get a good nights sleep.  I have most of the cats that I feed on a regular basis spayed and neutered, and you can tell because their ears are tipped/clipped.  I try to trap twice a week in the warmer months to stop the reproduction of thousands more homeless and unwanted cats.  If every person on this planet helped in that capacity, we would have no more overpopulation explosions of cats.







There are three cats on my radar right now.  The fluffy black with a little white on Bay Street - I just saw and petted her this morning hanging around the tires

Sam on Short


and George on Garson


I would love to rescue them, but we must get our boy Pierre, our girl Bunny, our baby Maddie, and (fiingers crossed hopefully to be) Carter, adopted!

Please help to spread the word!

And say a prayer that this little gray with some white baby is caught with her mom by this weekend.



Have a great day.

"Don’t look for the flaws as you go through life;

And even when you find them,
It is wise and kind to be somewhat blind
And look for the virtue behind them.
For the cloudiest night has a hint of light
Somewhere in its shadows hiding;
It is better by far to hunt for a star,
Than the spots on the sun abiding.

The current of life runs ever away

To the bosom of God’s great ocean.
Don’t set your force ‘gainst the river’s course
And think to alter its motion.
Don’t waste a curse on the universe –
Remember it lived before you.
Don’t butt at the storm with your puny form,
But bend and let it go o’er you.

The world will never adjust itself

To suit your whims to the letter.
Some things must go wrong your whole life long,
And the sooner you know it the better.
It is folly to fight with the Infinite,
And go under at last in the wrestle;
The wiser man shapes into God’s plan
As water shapes into a vessel."




1 comment:

  1. Hey when are they gonna let you put the shelters back at penn and fourth ?
    That rat bait operation must surely be done by now right ?
    Any chance someone on that street complained to city and the rat bait story is just an excuse to make you move the shelters ?
    BTW - you're haunting me. I wake up almost every night at 3:00 am thinking "Janine's getting up to feed the cats now" then again at 4:00 am thinking "well she's leaving to feed the cats now" followed by "man I hope Bunny finds a forever home soon and carter and Pierre ...
    😄

    ReplyDelete