Tuesday, May 2, 2017

TNR Tuesday

Two more.

This young kitty made its way into the trap on Second and Central.  I was hoping to get the fluffy little boy that is getting closer and closer to me, but no luck.  In fact, I've never really seen this one before.  But she or he is young, for sure.


I've been trying to get this fluffy calico for a while now.  She sits on top of a mound of tires at Syd and Johnny's Auto Garage on Bay Street, and watches and waits for me daily.  Black mommy cat of the five kittens I rescued last fall still hangs around too.  She is beautiful.  Not feral, for sure, as she does not run when I am walking to the shelter in the back, and also lets me look her in the eye.   I put my fingers in the trap to touch her head, but was afraid, as usual, of getting bit just in case.  I was testing the waters so to speak, to see if she would be friendly.  I just don't know!  I know she meowed, but maybe that was in place of a hiss!



I do what I can by myself.  I think about the big rescue groups, and how many cats they bring in weekly.  But they are a 'group,'  I am just little old me.  So in between feeding at 17 locations, I am having to go to a full time job.  Its all I can do, really.  If I had the money, I would try to trap twice a week.  But then again, transportation is difficult.  Its a long story, ask me and I will tell you, but believe me, its difficult, and I can't be in two places at once.  Work and the clinic to drop off and pick up. 

In case anyone is wondering, I am still feeding 6-8 cats on Parsells there, where I was told I couldn't feed cats any longer on the porch of a vacant house that I had used for several years.  This is where there were at least 15 cats that depended on me.  Most have been rescued, taken off the street, adopted or into barns, but for the remaining ones, I have placed two small dark painted Styrofoam cooler shelters and some boards to cover the plates so that these poor things can eat - and with the wet spring we are having, the boards help so that the food doesn't become soggy.  These are placed under the bushes at the house next door.  Pathetic and sad.  But at least they have this food.

George is still on Garson, Sam, Mr. Whiskers, Millie and Baby Buttons are still on Short.  I am successfully getting the two elderly red cats and two calicos to trot down the street each morning from the garden spot up the street.  Their poor little legs have to run so far!  So far, the city has done nothing about the baiting of rats there.  I cleaned up as best as I could.

That's it in a nutshell.  Thanks for reading, and - the following is a tear jerker, but I know a few people who have recently lost their buddies, and I wanted to share this sweet poem with you.

Have a great day!

Letter From Your Pet In Heaven

To my dearest family,
Some things I'd like to say.
But first of all, to let you know,
That I arrived okay.

I'm writing this from the Bridge.
Here I dwell with God above.
Here there's no more tears of sadness.
Here is just eternal love.

Please do not be unhappy
Just because I'm out of sight.
Remember that I am with you
every morning, noon and night.

That day I had to leave you
When my life on earth was through,
God picked me up and hugged me
And He said, "I welcome you.

It's good to have you back again,
You were missed while you were gone.
As for your dearest family,
They'll be here later on."

God gave me a list of things,
That he wished for me to do.
And foremost on the list,
Was to watch and care for you.

And when you lie in bed at night
The day's chores put to flight,
God and I are closest to you...
In the middle of the night.

When you think of my life on earth,
And all those loving years,
Because you are only human,
They are bound to bring you tears.

But do not be afraid to cry:
It does relieve the pain.
Remember there would be no flowers,
Unless there was some rain.

I wish that I could tell you
All that God has planned.
If I were to tell you,
You wouldn't understand.

But one thing is for certain,
Though my life on earth is o'er.
I'm closer to you now,
Than I ever was before.

There are rocky roads ahead of you
And many hills to climb;
But together we can do it
By taking one day at a time.

It was always my philosophy
And I'd like it for you too;
That as you give unto the world,
The world will give to you.

If you can help somebody
Who's in sorrow and pain,
Then you can say to God at night...
"My day was not in vain."

And now I am contented...
That my life was worthwhile.
Knowing as I passed along
I made somebody smile.

God says: "If you meet somebody
Who is sad and feeling low;
Just lend a hand to pick him up,
As on your way you go.

When you're walking down the street
With me on your mind;
I'm walking in your footsteps
only half a step behind.

And when it's time for you to go...
from that body to be free.
Remember you're not going...
you're coming here to me."

-Author Unknown


3 comments:

  1. Well thanks for the free face wash !
    Couldn't get through that without a good cry.
    I'm sure you already know this but I look forward to reading you every day of the week.
    My lunch hour is NEVER complete 'till I read me some 'bean !
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you do day in and day out is absolutely incredible. It just goes to show what one person - who is determined to make a difference - can do. You are truly an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering about the rest of the cats on Parsells. Who lives in the house next door where you're feeding them now?

    ReplyDelete