Thursday, March 31, 2016

GROAN


Malaana and Peppercorn!
Can you stand this cuteness?  Above is Peppercorn, the only surviving kitten that my niece Amy's cat had.  PC is being fostered by Keller's Kats, who had a foster on hand to bottle feed the little guy.  He is chowing down regular food now, and is ready to come back to his 'auntie' Janine this Saturday.  THEN WE NEED TO FIND HIM A HOME!  :)  He is pictured with a little puppy who was also taken in by this rescue group.  Her name is Malaana and she is two weeks old.  She is a Husky, and she was born with a cleft palate and all four legs deformed.  She is being tube fed.  She was rescued through the Mia Foundation.  Isn't it wonderful that we have people on this earth that care for animals such as this?  Makes my heart burst.

And if your cuteness overload is already full on, get a load of this!


George is quite interested!




Hello Charlie (Chaplin!)


Can you stand how cute these legs are???
So the story:  I have mentioned how a man in Arizona had found my number (?) and reached out to ask for help. His mother lived in the city, and he had moved her out to the burbs, but she didn't want to leave the ferals she was feeding, and also knew there was a cat in the basement, so she was going back to feed each day, but the son didn't want her to continue.  Regardless, they suspected all the cats to be pregnant.  Habitat for Cats was contacted first and TNR'd quite a few outside, but a friend of mine also heard about this and wanted to try to trap the kitty in the house.  She went over and found five baby kittens!  She took (wild) mom and all her babies to her house and they've all been in a crate since, babies nursing.  Two weren't getting the same attention at the nipples as the others, so my friend asked for help, and I said 'bring em over!'

Now I am not good with newborns.  Not even kittens period.  I love them, don't get me wrong, but the GUILT I feel at not being with them.  Because they must be enclosed, they are too little, to run with the general population (my other cats).  And I feel like they are bored.  So I feel constant guilt.  Other than that, I love the adorableness of kittens.  Who doesn't???

They've been getting the bottle since I've had them yesterday, but it was suggested I try a slurry of wet food and KMR, to get them eating solids, so that I will do!  They might be big enough, and from what I understand, their three other sibs are eating momma's wet food too!

So, now we have the task of eventually getting these - all five - kittens homes.  So now we have Hermie, Esmeralda, Momma Kitty (yet to be named - and I must get a picture!), and her five kittens that all need homes.  Pictures to come, I promise!

Spread the good word.

Have a great day!


“Some of you say, “Joy is greater than sorrow,” and others say, 
“Nay, sorrow is the greater.”
But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.” 

1 comment:

  1. Awww mannn! You get all the fun! ;) They're adorable and George is just a doll. He's so gentle.

    ReplyDelete