Friday, December 18, 2015

Addendum to This Morning's Post

Even though today is all about Mary Ellen F and Feed a Cat For Christmas!, I am posting a message from Julie, who asked me to post this today.  I appreciate Julie's apology more than she will know, and I hope that this new year will be a kinder, more understanding, more forgiving year for everyone.  If I know my true friends, you already are all of these.  Thanks everyone!

"The events of the past week have gotten way out of control, and for my part in it I am truly sorry.  I DO NOT agree with the choice made to end Patches Life, and I desperately tried to save him.  Sadly, it was not my decision.  I don’t regret for a second my passion and love for all animals and the want to save his life.  I firmly believe he didn’t have to die, but again that was not my choice.  I am ashamed that I let my feeling take control and say the things I did in anger.  My rage took over and I should not have posted my feelings like this.  I don’t hate Janine, we have been friends for 15 years and I have always said she is my hero.  I hated that she wouldn’t let me help.  I would give anything to save an animal and anyone who knows me knows that.  I put them before anyone and anything.  I admire what Janine does and have always supported her and been there for her.  I hate what this has turned in to and I wish I could take it all back and stop the hatefulness being slung back and forth.  There are lies being spread about her, about me, the only thing this is doing is hurting the animals and I do not want that on my conscience.  I am truly sorry for ever posting a thing about this.  I should have kept my thoughts private with Janine.  I hope we can all let this go and move on and focus on the cats because they are ALL that matter.  As a token of regrets for my words, I would like to feed the cats for Christmas Day.  A day about love and acceptance, and forgiveness."

Julie Lafferty


1 comment:

  1. Julie,

    I would like to take this moment to thank and commend you for having the courage and compassion to apologize to Janine. I am not sure if our paths have crossed when my wife Karon was with Habitat for Cats. I can understand and appreciate your passion for animals. I personally want to thank you for all your devotion and for the sacrifices you make so our furry friends have a better life. Lastly, if I offended you or anyone else in my posts in defense of Janine I am truly sorry. You are absolutely right when you say we have to move forward and work together for the interest of all the Kitties out there that need and depend on us.


    Sincerely,
    Walt Simoni

    ReplyDelete