Thursday, September 18, 2014

Help Wanted!


Well, little Lacey, the sweet little white kitty I rescued Tuesday morning had a bad report card from her day at the clinic.  Well, she was voted the sweetest kitty there, but also the worst.  The girl in charge at the clinic mentioned to me, or suggested, that I check around with rescue groups to see if they would take Lacey in, due to how sweet she was.  And once her skin cleared up, which was a severe flea allergy, she would be one beautiful pure white kitty.  She even offered to give me some names and numbers.  Everyone totally fell in love with her, and remained that way even after she wound up biting the technician!  And even the bitten tech felt terrible that she upset Lacey!  It was only when they went to inject her with a shot that she got upset.  Poor thing.  I felt bad for the tech too!  Bites hurt!  Even from the nicest cats!  So, it was recommended that she be observed for 10 days, some kind of law I guess.  But that won't be a problem, because once again, my friend Nancy has stepped up to the plate and has offered to foster Lacey.  Thanks Nancy, you are wonderful to open your heart and home to her.  I could kick myself for not getting pictures of her this morning - the medicine she was given has already started to work on her skin, and her fur feels softer, and she is actually cleaner looking than she was yesterday.  She is getting much needed sleep in my tiny bathroom, and I am certain that she is so grateful that I got her that morning.  

Oh!  PS, she tested negative for leukemia!  :)  PSS, she was pregnant!  I KNEW it!



Not only little Lacey, but there are several cats out there, young and old, that need our help.  They literally run up to me each morning.  This morning was another breakthrough - I have been feeding a large red cat for  years now, I called him Big Red #2.  At first he hung around 4th and Pennsylvania, but this year he made his way down to 6th and Short.  He always stayed far away from me, hungrily waiting for me to place the food and water down, and at the new spot, always in competition with the other six or so that hang there.  This morning, I was able to pet him.  And pet him, and pet him.  You just know when cat is totally grateful and trusting when you have a true homeless animal that will allow you to do that to him.  Its so rewarding, but so heartbreaking at the same time.  You know in your mind he needs to be rescued, but you just don't have enough people who are willing.



Please spread the word.  I have five kittens and one adult cat in my home that need adopting.  And there are at least 10 more that are waiting for me to rescue them outdoors, today.  Please, help me to help them.

Have a great day!

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

No comments:

Post a Comment