Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Inventory

Old Shelter under Porch on Short

Thanks for all for your comments yesterday~!  Interesting, and helpful!

I wanted to inventory my spots on this post today.  I like to keep written track every now and then of who I am feeding - that I can see for the few moments I am there pouring their breakfast -, and if they need to be spayed/neutered.

Parsells - fluffy tabby - not ear tipped - and Buddy, the white and grey kitty I neutered for the girl across the street, Brenda, several years ago.  They both wait patiently for me in the early morning hours when its still dark, as this is always my first stop.  I feed them on a vacant porch, for now.

Parsells 2 - Red kitty and black kitty - Red is neutered and not sure about black, he keeps his distance.  Red has begun to trust me and comes very close.

Stout - Black kitty, Scratchy, and Red and White kitty are there each day waiting for me, while neck and body wound kitty hides in the garage waiting for me to leave after pouring all three breakfast here.  Scratchy is neutered, pretty sure red and white kitty is, but neck wound kitty is still very injured, but elusive.

Chamberlain - spayed calico and Lucy, who I have not seen in quite a while, wait here for me each morning.  I had Lucy spayed about three years ago.

Hayward - all quiet on the home front  - no signs of the creep next door taking anything.  He never returned the shelters he stole from me though.  I feed at least three tabbies, one that I just had neutered last week, the rest I believe need to be done.  It is now getting lighter by the time I get to this spot (5:20)

Baldwin - Five kitties here on average each morning - Grey striped boy needs fixing, he starts a lot of fights with a few of them, one of which is a red, who also needs to be fixed.  There also is a very pretty white with red spots, who actually let me pet him this morning, but he is unneutered, and needs to be done also. 

Short - Pretty boy grey tux came limping towards me again this morning.  He now allows me to touch him.  A sweet boy for sure, would love to find him a home.  he has scabby skin, and a foot wound.  he needs to be neutered.  Captain Morgan waits here for me.  I have not seen Milly, nor her look-a-like either, in quite  few days.  The other tabbies wait patiently for me to go to the next spot a house away, where the neighbors are mounting their trash near my shelter.  Most of the others are done.

4th and Penn.  - a challenging spot, as I have had my shelters destroyed here.  SEVEN, I counted SEVEN this morning.  All scampering in different directions.  Most are done except for a red kitty with a short bobbed tail, and a tiny, short legged, diluted dark-face, dark colored calico.  From a distance, her ears look intact, long and sharp on each end. 

Penn and Second - a grey kitty usually is waiting for me here.  He is neutered.  The man who owns the house and allows me in his backyard with igloo shelter, and others, must be a kind man.  I've never met him, but he has allowed me for years to feed there.

Second - Tuffy, a white spotted kitty, and a tabby all wait here for me.  Tuffy, sitting on his throne, a wooden board placed over the entrances to two plastic tote shelters.  He seems to be a bit better, and I have stopped giving him Doxy due to his penicillin injection last week.  The others are fixed, I believe.  They keep their distance, as most do, so its somewhat hard to tell if their ears are tipped.

Central and Third - A tabby, a white kitty and a black kitty wait here for me.  The tabby and black kitty are not fixed, I do believe.  The grass here is nearly waist high.  Its an eyesore, and I hope that because of that, the house won't be targeted for a demolition.

Central and Fifth - pretty black boy, tabby, grey kitty, black with white striped nose - all waiting each morning.  The black with white nose, a second tabby, and the grey kitty all need fixing here.

Seventh - the black kitty that I've been feeding here since last year is slowly dwindling.  he is rail thin, and losing his hair.  I must get him seen.  I need funds to do this.  I was giving him Doxy each day, but I ran out of it.  Must get more.  Otherwise, I continue to feed fixed Baby Mama, and two other kitties here, one is a muted calico, and a pretty tabby with a stripe down its nose.

So, as you can see, I feed a lot of kitties out there, and there are a lot of kitties that need spay and neuter, AND adopting, so please, if you can open your heart and home, think about fostering!  I am trying to do it, one kitty at a time!

Finally, I wanted to share a few pictures of some of the rescues I've done over the years.  These are the happy endings.  As you can see, they are grateful that they were rescued, and off the streets.  Even some babies are grateful.

Sweetie Pie

Stanley

Sonny

Stephy and JuJu

Teenie

Teenie's babies

Taffy

Taffy's babies

Tabitha

Tabithas babies

Thanks for listening, and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Aw Tabitha and her babies make me smile she was such a good mommy! I loved fostering her and helping her deliver her babies. She came around from a shy young girl to a confident and happy sweetheart that was adopted along with a feral I had Chai and they became best friends and she helped bring Chai to the friendly side. Such lucky kitties ❤️ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them so hard to give up I'm sure, for you Janine,ztqbitha made me smile too ! You probably need to put another camera up........

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special lady you are. It's an honor to know you. -carol (if I knew how to make a heart I'd add one to this post!)

    ReplyDelete