Friday, June 6, 2014

One Cat Two Cat Three Cat Four!

That is what I am hoping the total will be once the hour is over.  Laura is out there trying to get #3 and #4 as I type this.  I loaded my traps into the car, and set out to trap two kitties this morning.  I got to Hayward to set it, to trap one of the four tabbies that I've been feeding there, and up came a red kitty, one that I have seen before, but not every day.  He went right in to the trap for the tasty tuna morsels before I could even get back in the car.  (I've named him Redmund) 



As I went to get him, I saw four others surrounding him, obviously wondering what the heck was going on, but very hungry, I figured I would set it again.  I set it, drove to my next feeding spot, came back and voila!  Another.  A tabby.  (I've named her Tabitha!) 



I still have three tabbies that need to be done, one looks pretty fat.  We all know what that means....

So that was easy for me this morning.  Now they are waiting on transport from Laura, who hopefully will get the grey tux limping kitty on Short, and Tuffy on Second.  UPDATE:  She got Tuffy!  Both injured, and in need of medical attention.  Pray.

I wish I could get some attention, good attention, from community leaders, actually I wish all those that do TNR around Rochester should get it.  TNR benefits our community in so many ways.

1.  A compassionate society knows there is a better way to solve overpopulation than needlessly euthanizing unwanted cats.

2.  Communities spend millions of dollars to control the unwanted. Spaying and neutering helps reduce the number of strays and feral cats in our community.

3.  Spaying or neutering reduces an cat's desire to roam, resulting in fewer deaths on the road and neighborhood complaints.

4.  Fixed cats are less likely to mark or spray urine.

5.  Female cats in heat can cry incessantly, act nervous and attract males from all around.  Having them  spayed eliminates the heat cycle.

6.  Cats that have been spayed or neutered are less likely to bite, roam or get into fights.

If anybody knows anybody, please share my blog with them!  I am doing good in other people's neighborhoods!

Thanks to those comments yesterday, and what a wonderful idea about making a card up with all that information.  I purposely got out a few extra business cards out of my drawer this morning with that in mind.  My friend Jessica was kind enough to order those and surprised me with them last year.  They have my e-mail, cell number and blog address.  With a really cute picture of a kitty on them!  I figure it may be too much to have all that information on them, but I can hand them out and when need be, write the clinic's number that I now have permanently ingrained in my head.

I did not see the Mexican man this morning.  But I dutifully gave a pill to the black kitty on 7th that is not looking good these days.  This time I slipped it in his tuna.  Hopefully its making him feel at least a little better.

So, that's my morning locution.  I wish you all a wonderful day, AND weekend!

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janine - wow - you and Laura kicked ass today! I am so excited you got Tuffy. Can you give me the number of the clinic to call to cover the cost of a spay/neuter? Email me or just post it here. ♥ Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! I need some of your business cards to post around the hospital if that ok with you! Maybe i'll see you this weekend! Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what we like to hear ! I think our Laura could trap an elephant if need be, she is without a doubt exceptional with animal behaviour and what it will take to get her target cat. So grateful to both you girls, excellent idea of the cards J. Perhaps even a few lines in Espanol might get that community more comfortable with what we do ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIKE all of the above!! ~Mary

    ReplyDelete