Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Brady!

OK, I got the name wrong yesterday.  Meet BRADY, not Grady.  Sorry Brady.  He is the cute kid that is big brother to Harold, who I rescued off Central - what, a year ago? - and adopted out to this very nice family.  Thank you BRADY.  What was I thinking?  :)

I trapped two kitties yesterday, both males, one was returned to Parsells this morning, after spending a scary night in the trap on my porch during that terrible T-storm we had.  He hardly ate anything.  Feral, for sure.  h'e couldn't wait to spring out of there this a.m.  Not the case for the other kitty, Brady.

Brady was also brought in for neutering yesterday, along with needed medical attention for what I thought was a front paw wound.  Turns out that he also had a back paw wound, and several bites, and a lot of mites!  This little guy has been through the ringer, and I have decided not to return him to the streets.  A friend of mine, Julie, once told me, ACT, and then think!  That's when I've encountered pregnant cats in the past, and she always encouraged me to get them if I could, and she will help with the rest.  I will figure something out for Brady, but in the meantime, he is safe and sound in my bathroom.  And loving it.  He has now curled under my feet, and licks my toes!  This boy has seen enough in his days living on the streets.  He wants no part of it anymore.  You can tell.  He got his first good sleep last night than he's had in a very long time, I am sure of it.  I can't wait to see the before, and after of his condition.  If you zoom in on the pics, you can see the wounds on his feet.







I leave you now with a poem that is most fitting - I love to read it, I still tear up reading it, and I can relate to all of it:

I am an Animal Rescuer

My job is to assist God’s creatures. I was born with the need to fulfill their needs. I take in new family members without plan, thought or selection.

I have bought dog or cat food with my last dime. I have patted a mangy head with a bare hand. I have hugged someone vicious and afraid.

I have fallen in love a thousand times and I have cried into the fur of a lifeless body. I have animal friends and friends who have animal friends.I don’t often use the word “pet.”

I notice those lost at the road side and my heart aches. I will hand raise a field mouse and make friends with a vulture. I know of no creature unworthy of my time.

I want to live forever if there aren’t animals in Heaven, but I believe there are. Why would God make something so perfect and leave it behind? We may be master of the animals, but the animals have mastered themselves– something people still haven’t learned.

War and abuse makes me hurt for the world, but a rescue that makes the news gives me hope for mankind. We are a quiet but determined army, and making a difference every day.

There is nothing more necessary than warming an orphan, nothing more rewarding than saving a life; No higher recognition than watching them thrive. There is no greater joy than seeing a baby play who only days ago, was too weak to eat.

I am an animal rescuer, my work is never done, my home is never quiet.  My wallet is always empty, but my heart is always full.  In the game of life, we have already won.


Please consider fostering Brady, and don't forget about Georgie, Fraser and Domino, they all need homes.  Spread the word!  

2 comments:

  1. So happy for Brady! Thanks for taking my advice and I will help you of course! Xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem. Brady is one lucky kitty to have been scooped off the streets - good job Janine. I'll send you some food thru Amazon in his honor. Love you. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete