Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Trina

After a bit of angst yesterday over what to do with baby kitten that was found in the grass on Parsells on Monday afternoon, and who would care for her, she - TRINA - is being cared for by a girl who knows kittens well, and will be sure that she gets the attention that a newborn kitten needs. Just look at the photo she lovingly crafted.


I say the word angst for a few reasons.  I have a hard time expressing my feelings into words a lot, and I do mean a lot, which is why I sometimes stuff my feelings.  I have no problem speaking honestly, but it doesn't always word itself correctly.  When I rescue a kitten or pregnant cat, and turn it over to a rescue group, most times I have no say in that cat's future.  I have no say in the name, nor who it will be adopted out to.   Tons of emotions go into taking a cat from the street, and doing what you have to do with it for the next 24 hours of its captivity.  Those first few hours are very important, establishing a cat to going from A to Z in seconds.  No exceptions for pregnant kitties, or the little ones like Trina, that while in a panic, I tried to contact several people, all before six in the morning, giving the kitten Karo syrup until I could find milk replacement for it, wiping her eyes, stroking it to make sure it was still alive, as it was very still for a while.  That might not seem like much effort to some, but it was a big deal to me, knowing this little one was getting weaker by the second.  Its hard to just hand over something you have become emotionally attached to, even if its just a few hours.  You know you saved that cats life.  And now, especially the adopters that choose not to keep in contact with me, which are few, you don't know how it will all turn out for them.  I don't know if I worded that correctly, but thats how I feel.  I think.

My thanks to Kitten Korner Rescue, an organization run by a wonderful, kind and compassionate woman who wouldn't, I think, if she has any at all, turn down her worst enemy to save a cat.  She offered to help, but I knew she had a TON on her plate as far as kittens go.  She has so many in her rescue, and is caring for special need kittens at the moment.  I am grateful I found an alternative, and a good one at that.  I will keep you informed of her progress.  I also had quite a few friends later in the day offer to foster this baby kitten, and I thank you as well.  And now that I know you are out there, I won't be so hesitant to call on you the next time!  :)

It was a very wet morning out there - yes, it was raining on me the entire hour I was out there feeding all the homeless cats.  We had a deluge of rain come down overnight, and my hair will pay the price for the remaining humidity today.   But that's OK. 

I wish you all a wonderful day! 


WAIT
"I said to my mind, be still, and wait without hope
For hope would be hope for the wrong thing; wait without love
For love would be love of the wrong thing; yet there is faith
But the faith and the hope and the love are all in the waiting.
Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought:
So the darkness shall be light, and the stillness the dancing."

2 comments:

  1. Of course, very emotional for you Janine, and you describe the experience of it so well, from your heart and soul, it is why we believe in you and will stick with you and your mission, there is no time limit for you, for us to help with this.xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless little Trina and her wonderful foster mum, thank you for update J also yesterday when I was driving on a busy road a turtle was waddling along it, I begged hubby to turn the car around and put turtle into grass which he did, I was happy :). Onto another busy road near home and there is yet another turtle waddling toward to opposit side of the highway, again I begged hubby to turn around, not so easy this time with much traffic, but he managed to do it, by the time we turned, 2 other cars all driven by MEN and these are surely real men had pulled over and got out to remove it from the middle of the road and place it on the grass where it was aiming for. I was elated and thanked God for these people, and what you, had to share, much love.

    ReplyDelete