Monday, June 23, 2014

And so it goes...


Photo: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT! SAVE THE DATE!  On Saturday, August 2nd at the Rush Creekside Inn there will be a fundraiser to benefit The Bean & homeless animals -  Plan to be there for fun, food, music, drinks, friends, raffles, cool stuff to buy and helping our four-legged friends! This is done in honor of a very compassionate young lady - Katherine Magar - who passed away in 2013. A scholarship is being established in honor of her love of animals & random acts of "Katness"   Please plan to come to honor her memory and help those who need our compassion. Details to follow!


MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT! SAVE THE DATE! On Saturday, August 2nd at the Rush Creekside Inn there will be a fundraiser to benefit The Bean & homeless animals - Plan to be there for fun, food, music, drinks, friends, raffles, cool stuff to buy and helping our four-legged friends! This is done in honor of a very compassionate young lady - Katherine Magar - who passed away in 2013. A scholarship is being established in honor of her love of animals & random acts of "Katness".   Please plan to come to honor her memory and help those who need our compassion. Details to follow!

This is the announcement made on Facebook for the fundraiser my friends are having for me...  there will be a flier I will post this week also.  Its such an honor that people think that much of me to want to help me feed and spay these helpless animals living on the streets of Rochester.  Thank you to each and everyone of you that has helped me in the past, and hopefully will continue in whatever way you can, in the future.

Some of the scenes from the weekend in the hood.  There is another baby mama on Second.  I call her that because like a year ago on 7th, another very young cat has given birth.  She can't be any more than 8 months old.   I have no clue where her babies are, and she hesitantly will allow me to pet her, as I pour food and water down for her on the side of the road.  She is a beautiful grey and what kitty.  I must get her spayed soon.I think the black-faced, short-legged calico on 4th and Pennsylvania is pregnant.  She and a red male with a short-clipped tail are the only two, I believe, that haven't been done out of the SEVEN that hang there and I feed regularly.
Pretty Calico girl on Chamberlain 
As I poured the food and water down at my third spot on Hayward, where there were four cats waiting in the shadows for me to leave so they could gobble up the only food they will eat for the day before a raccoon comes along, I thought to myself - I just did this 24 hours ago.  Just as I did 24 hours before that, and 24 hours before that, and so on...  What am I doing?  I then thought to myself, its going to start getting darker again, from this day forward.  Summer has officially begun, and fall is right around the corner.  I know my teacher friends don't want to hear that, but its reality, for me and the cats.  I don't feel sorry for myself that often, but I am allowed occasionally, right?  Wrong.  This is my choosing, and I could stop at any point.  But the cats, what would happen to the cats that now trust me, allow me to pet them, run to me and run from me to their bowls when I pull up.  They know they are going to get food, good food.  They can hear me coming from a mile away.  I can't just STOP.

Nursing Baby Mama on Second

TUFFY!!!
Then there are the four cats that are now in captivity, thanks to me, that have not been adopted yet.  Its my responsibility that if I rescue a cat, I need to find it a home.  Joy has been watching Domino, but Domino is in a small room with a window and is isolated from other cats, and doesn't have much interaction with humans either.  He is so lonely.  I am trying to find someone that can provide him with another cats companionship, and someone that can give him more attention.  Fraser is in a loving environment with Sheryl, but she has her own cats to contend with and its expensive for her.  We must find this beautiful cat a home.  Then there is George, who I took off the streets a month ago, due to his severe undernourished condition.  He is thriving in my home, with the other cats, but I can't keep them all.  This beautiful boy needs a home too.  Not to mention the cat I rescued on Tuesday, after having him neutered.  I couldn't return him to the streets with the wounds he had on his feet, and it turned out to be that he developed a severe URI and was treated by my vet on Friday.  I didn't think he would make it over the weekend, but he seems to be getting better, but stuck in my tiny bathroom.
5th & Central (waiting patiently for me to leave)

5th & Central - unneutered male
Please consider fostering Grady, Domino or George, and adopting.  You'll find no better love or gratitude than from these animals.  Spread the word, and thanks for listening.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Keepers Janine, baby mum a is tiny thing, hope you get her real quick

    ReplyDelete