Friday, June 13, 2014

TGIF!

Thunder - 6/02-6/13  RIP My Sweet Boy

Boy, it felt like a long week to me, did it to you?  On Tuesday I thought it was Wednesday, and on Wednesday I thought it was Thursday...  how come that happens?  Maybe it because of holiday week prior, not sure.  But, its Friday, and its a weekend.  I have two days to not go to work.  I don't get two days off from feeding the cats, but that's OK.  On Sundays, I get to go back to bed, I have that one day of luxury, if I want to, or if I can.  Its always light by the time I get home, have a quick breakfast, and hit the sack at 7 am.  I am usually so wound up by then, and thinking about what lies ahead, that I can't really fall back asleep.  The cats sure can.  They come up and snuggle right in.  I think that is why we love cats so much, because they are true snugglers.  On their own terms, of course.  Saturdays is cleaning day, and I am pretty 'anal' about it.  What is another word for that?  I am not crazy about that word. 

It was very wet and soggy out there this morning.  My hair was straightened this week, so I got out the old winter cap and put that on before I went out into the rain at 5 am.  Nope, I didn't get a break this morning from the rain.  Nor did the cats.  The ones that I could pet were wet and soggy too.  Don't they know enough to take shelter?  Its sad pulling up to cats that are standing there in the rain, yet they have no food in their bowls, probably devoured the day before, or gobbled up by a raccoon soon after I poured it and left the previous morning.  They have no concept of weather when they are starving. 

I think I will leave this post right here.  I am not thinking clearly today, I have a lot on my mind.  I wish I could win a million dollars.  I wish I were twenty years younger.  I wish I could do some things all over again, but I can't, and I am old, and I am broke.  So, accept it and move on.  Right?

I have two slots at the clinic on Tuesday.  I am thinking about all the cats that need to be spayed and neutered.  I don't know where to start.  But I will on Tuesday. 

Please don't forget about Domino, George and Fraser, all beautiful cats that need a permanent home.  And remember, the felted animals to the right can be yours, just click on the picture, and choose one.  Or, if you have a custom animal you would like made, perhaps talented Deb could produce that for you!  Just let me know!

I hope you enjoy reading my blog, there was nothing brilliant today, that's for sure, but I hope you do get something out of reading about my craziness, if not enjoyment. 

I wish you a great day!

"Be an example to others of all that is good in this world, for others will copy you & they also will become good examples."

3 comments:

  1. "I wish I could win a million dollars. I wish I were twenty years younger. I wish I could do some things all over again, but I can't, and I am old, and I am broke"
    Me too!!!!! You are not alone honey.
    This was not the week to straighten your hair....it's MUGGY!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend and try and be thankful for the little things in life.
    We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mosquitos are rampant today :( hope the kitty's find a spot where tey can getaway from them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your week was soooo long, next week will be just 7 days!
    Seriously, it's been a looong winter and spring....lots of cats needing help, too.
    Is Thunder your boy? I'm sorry. He looks like he was a real sweetie-pie. Cuddly and a dear fellow.

    Making life better one cat at a time (or more as the need may be),
    Susie in Wayland

    ReplyDelete