Thursday, June 27, 2013

TGIF - FOR ME! :)


NOTHING GOLD CAN STAY
"Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay."

- Robert Frost -

Yes, the joy of summer - I love my three day weekends.  I can get all my cleaning and organizing done on Fridays, so that I can enjoy TWO days rather than a half - I say that because Sundays I usually start thinking about work around noon knowing I have to go back to work!  I guess you can surmise that I would rather be independently wealthy than work, but I do thank God that I have a job in these trying times.  Without it, I wouldn't have a roof over my head, and I am sure if friends offered, they'd be kicking me out pretty quick.  For some reason, I don't think I would be the easiest person to live with.  :)
  1.  
Sookie on 6th

This morning I made my rounds with the usual dread.  At my first location, where Neck Wound Kitty is, I trashed a blanket that someone had placed there in the winter time that was pretty bad, I held it with the tips of my fingertips to the trashbin, and disinfected my hands when I got back into the car after filling the food and water bowls for the kitties waiting in the distance.

At my third spot, the house next door is going to be demolished soon.  The surrounding area is a mess, I am not sure what they are doing with the piles of dirt and stuff around there.  I pray for the three I feed there each day, the black and two reds.

At the next stop on Garson, a pretty calico came up.  She is not eartipped, and doesn't feel underneath like she is pregnant, or ever was.  She would be a good candidate for a local farm market that is looking for a calico.  I've been looking for a friendly one - thats all this man wants is a female calico to hang with a male that hangs there.  But stuff like this I have to plan - and this is only the second time I've seen Miss Calico so I've got to keep my eye on this.

At the next stop on Hayward I didn't see the kittens, but someone was messing with the wooden hut that I have there, that my friends Kris and Darrin built for me years ago.  They took the wood piece right off the top, so I will need to trash the wet straw that is in there and replace it and figure out how to reattach the top piece.

Two new kitties were patiently waiting for me to place food down at Baldwin - along with the two other feral regulars.

Little Red


Little Blackie

Little Red and Little Blackie are two sweet cats as they wait for me each day on Webster.  I need to get these two adopted.

Not much else of note at the rest of the spots, didn't see the kittens on 7th either - kitten mama is always there waiting - my friend Kristin is coming over in the morning tomorrow and we are going to see about trying to get them.  Someone offered to take two yesterday, so that is wonderful news.  That leaves four still - there are SIX kittens that I know of.  I know its going to be very difficult to trap kittens that are probably only 6-8 weeks old, but it must be done.  They are not in stable environments for their size, they face too much danger.


Kitten Mama on 7th

I want to thank those of you for your supportive comments and even criticisms both of which are always welcome - what I do each and ever day would be so much more difficult without you cheering me on.  Please keep it coming.

"Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone."
Gladys Browyn Stern -

3 comments:

  1. Yeaaah....someone's offered to take in 2 kittens!! Now to capture them!! I sure wish a few more people would step up to take the rest - those little ones are too young to face the cruelties of the world. Enjoy your 3 days off Janine - I may stop over Sat. if you're around...or not.
    Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohh yes, isnt that wonderful, 2 kittys to be placed, love it ! and you can come live with me and Andrew Janine, we want to protect YOU, will be crowded with all our kittys and yours, the dogs and Maya, but your honesty and compassion make you somebody we like to be around. :) may God bless,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great if at least two of the kittens could get a home! I know there must be people out there who would take them. We need some photos of the babies I can put on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete