Friday, March 15, 2019

Top O' The Mornin' To Ya!

CHASE my Nextdoor Neighbor!


(Click on Pics to see up close)

And the balance of the day to you Lassie.  That's what my mother and I exchange every St. Patrick's Day.  Its just a fun holiday.  I like fun holidays.  I have my green on today, lime green.  That's all I have.  Its funny, green is not a popular color clothes wise.  Although I love greens, all sorts of greens.  Green means springtime too, although its not in the air today.  Its going to be very windy with a severe temperature drop.  I hate Rochester weather.  I really do.  I love all four seasons, but we get some really crappy weather, a lot.  Rain, snow, wind.  We love our sunny mild days.

So do the cats.  Thank you Laura for going to feed at all 20 or so of my locations this morning.  What a champ.  Laura also tried to check out the cat that has been reported by a few of my feeders on Short Street - a red cat that looked pretty bad.  Drooling, dirty...  She sent me a picture this morning of the cat she saw, and it looks like Big Red, but he doesn't look well.  Poor boy.  I should have rescued him a long time ago.  He would get close and let me pet him.  Of course its been months now since I've been able to touch him.  Before the ankle break, I couldn't walk in the long distances to the shelters in the snow because of my hip.  So someone else would go back while I did my best to feed on the porch across from it, Jimmy's house, for the little red short legged kitty, and Mr. Whiskers.

Big Red This Morning
My heart is bleeding for him.   I do need him trapped and treated. And once he is treated, he will become an indoor cat.  He truly is a sweetheart that should not be on the streets any longer.  I've GOT to get back on my feet!

KINDNESS:

The sweetest thing...  from the kitties!  (Click on Pic to see up close)



Whoever is doing this, you are just precious.  Did you notice the scratch marks on the card?  :)

I received an update from the girl that took a chance and adopted one of the three feral older born in a barn kittens - Bunny, Thumper and Noel.  Taylor adopted Bunny, who was scared to death at first and hid most times.  And the meet and greet with her own kitty - aptly named Kitty -  did not go as well at first as we had hoped.  But look at what has happened!

Taylor says:
"Good Afternoon! Just some pictures of Bunny and Kitty! They are becoming such great friends.""






KITTY (left) and BUNNY (right)
I'd say things are going well!  I love to hear these stories - it can be done!  Cats can acclimate to being indoors, and cats can learn to love their new sisters or brothers!  It just takes time, and patience!  Thank you Taylor!

That's it.  Have a great day!

"Hurt people hurt people.
That's how pain patterns get
passed on, generation after
generation after generation.
Break the chain today.  Meet
anger with sympathy,
contempt with compassion,
cruelty with kindness.  Greet
grimaces with smiles.  Forgive
and forget about finding 
fault.  Love is the weapon 
of the future."



1 comment: