Monday, March 18, 2019

Ben!

Well, its another Monday.  And I thank God for the following people that helped to feed from Friday through this morning.  Laura!  Sheryl and Kim!  Beth and Nicole!  Kate, Laurie and Kings!  All 100+ cats have had a meal, drank some water, and had a towel or two changed.  The temperatures have no subsided.  It remains cold out, with a bit of snow overnight, but SPRING IS COMING!  It will be so much easier on the kitties, except for the d$%#% wind, rain and thunderstorms associated with spring and summer.  Whats the saying, Spring Showers bring May Flowers?  Ugh.  MUD.  That’s all I will see.  IF I am walking by then!  I’m counting down the days until I can get to the doctor in 2.5 weeks.  Lets see how this damaged ankle is healing, and lets see if and I will be able to walk again.

Joel is set to try trapping Mr. Big Red on Short Street tomorrow.  I posted a picture of Big Red last week - he is injured.  Big Red began to trust me a few years ago and would sidle up against my leg most mornings as I prepared breakfast for him and Mr. Whiskers, and a few others that were hanging around.  I always loved that guy, and always said, you are on my list Big Red #2.  There were so many other I felt needed fast rescue before him. He was always quite content there.  And he never strayed far.  Now he is sick or wounded.  Gotta get him.  Good luck Joel.


In other news, we have quite the selection of kitties available, including this gorgeous boy, Ben. Lets get him adopted!


BEN

Ariel still has not delivered her babies, but Foster Mom Sue says her belly is huge!

Annie is still waiting for her forever home.  I am thrilled because her Foster Mom Melissa now works down the hall from me! We must get this beautiful loving girl a home!

In the meantime, the three kittens I am fostering currently are ADORABLE.  And, they insist on sleeping on top of you, all three!  ugh.

JOEY and JUNEBUG

SIMON


Have a great day!


“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” 


3 comments:

  1. Are you sure she's pregnant? Could be an infected uterus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfffffft - ninja cats got in and ate my tuna without tripping the plate !
    Going to tune this trap up and go back THURSDAY ....
    :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put a little newspaper in the trap, to cover the trip plate, and secure the dish at the rear. Alternatively, you can tape a piece of cardboard to the plate, to extend it towards the trapdoor, so it isnt possible to avoid stepping on it.

      Delete