Monday, March 4, 2019

Too Close To Home

First and foremost, I am so thankful to each and every person doing my route.  Thank you so much.  The kitties wouldn't survive without you.  NO WAY WOULD THEY.  I lost a feeder due to a misunderstanding.  This makes me very sad to lose a friendship over something that was lost in translation. Let me be clear.  If any of you rescue a cat from my spots, which I jokingly said in the beginning to feel free to, please, I will pay for the kitty.  I feel they are my responsibility.  Please come to me first.  That's all.  I am very sad about this.



I heard some very sad news last evening.  A woman who went out of her way to help me with a few fundraisers that I've had - to be specific the first and the last one - she always supplied information on a house I needed information on as she used to work for the city, she offered her help on the roof situation last year for my friend Paul on Second Street, and last but certainly not least, she noticed a cat I rescued years ago, and knew her daughter was in need of a cat, and that was when Baxter was adopted.  Darlene Frank died Saturday at the age of 59 from complications from gallbladder surgery.  I will miss you very much Darlene, you were taken much too soon.

BAXTER
The place I feed on Parsells, I call it Parsells #1, had a family move in to the one side of it.  So the bowls were moved to the other side on the porch as it was still vacant.  The shelters are underneath the bushes.  Kings went to feed this morning and found a note to stop feeding as the house was now occupied.  The shelters were still under the bushes.  Plates were moved to the ground next to the shelters.  My time is running out for this location.  These poor kitties.  There is no where else to go here.

Ben Before
Better news for the weekend.  Thanks to Chuck P. and Danielle B-T, another kitty I've had my eye on was rescued.  Chuck works next door to my Parsells #3 location.  Chuck was very familiar with the cats here, as he rescued the kitten that I didn't know about after the sick red kittens Harvey and Huey were rescued.  He found another little red kitten with a very bad upper respiratory issue and took her home.  That is little Miss Macaroni & Cheese.  Chuck and Danielle, in time, adopted kittens Lolly and Pop from me. Chuck is also the one who convinced his boss to let him put his homemade wooden shelter on the back of the parking lot for the kitties.  Chuck heard about my fall and offered to feed the cats at this location until I was better.  They knew I had my eye on the grey cat that was always willing to take a pet and scratch.  As they were petting him on Sunday morning, the time was right, and they scooped him up and placed him in a carrier and brought him over to me.  I was elated!  Flea and worm meds given (thanks Elisabeth!), and then off he went to the emergency vet for check up and shots.  Combo tested negative.  Then off he went to a foster - thanks Terrie!  Can't wait to find out how he did overnight and this morning.  He is precious.  Filthy, but a purrball.  I know deep down he is thrilled to be in a warm environment where all he will receive is love.

Ben Safe and Sound

I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

"Death takes the body.  
God takes the soul.  
Our mind holds the memories.  
Our heart keeps the love.  
Our faith lets us know 
we will meet again."

No comments:

Post a Comment