Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Springtime!

Andrea and Lou!!
Its my birthday!  Woo hoo!  Sure.  Not a fun birthday this year.  But I am glad I am still alive.  I am thankful for each and every person who has wished me a happy day.  Mom took me out to lunch last weekend, and I got three bottles of Prosecco out of it.  :)  Who wants to drink it with me.  I just need champagne flutes and I will be all set. 






Thank yous are in order here.  Thank you Kate and Kings, thank you Joel for trying to trap Big Red Tuesday morning who has not been seen, thank you Kings for doing the route this morning.  At least our weather is getting a bit better.  I am told there is a large garbage bin parked in the driveway of Melville # 1.  It was full of stuff on Monday.  The shelters were not touched.  Time is a ticking for that location.  “Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn.”  I dread the spring for one reason, some of my shelters will be removed or destroyed.  There are at least three I can think of right now.  It’s a sad time for me, because of the cats being displaced.  Niagara street is a ticking time bomb because the property manager will make his once or twice appearance to check on the vacant building near the shelters, and will remove them.  On Melville #2, there are a bunch of hoodlums that keep destroying the shelter there.  Out they come, springtime. 

Ben is going to his new home today.  Very nice couple that are willing to give him as much time as he needs to learn to trust.  I am very confident that this home will be his last, and he is going to live a long and happy life!  Thank you Terrie for fostering him!

Now to get Parsley and Hermie, Harper, Junebug and Joey, Sabrina, Emma, Annie, Jasper and Finnegan, all adopted!  A meet and greet is being had right now for Junebug and Joey, and Annie will have a meet and greet this Saturday.  Finnegan is going to a new home next weekend!

Please spread the word about them.


Have a great day.

What the Robin Told 

the wind
told the grasses,
and the grasses
told the trees
The trees
told the bushes. 
And the bushes
told the bees.
The bees
told the robin,
and the robin
sang out clear:
Wake up!
Wake up!

Spring is here!

4 comments: