Thursday, March 14, 2019

Finally! Spring is in the Air!!

The old days... 
Elizabeth, a long lost friend, helped to feed the kitties this week. 
Thank you Elizabeth!
I left the house (with my walker, wheelchair and scooter in hand) this morning and heard the sound of birds.  The spring birds!  Are those robins?  Sparrows? Could they be cardinals, grackles, wrens?  I looked out my window at my birdfeeder on Sunday and saw a hawk just sitting on the post.  I tried to shoo him away, and he barely moved four feet.  I've seen him carry away far too many birds at the feeder.  The geese are coming back in their V-shaped flocks.  Yes, even though there is still a nip in the air, spring is here. 

But I'm still wheelchair bound.  :(

Thanks to Laurie and Kings this morning for feeding the kitties.  They were all waiting and hungry from the reports I received.  I also received a request for advice from someone on Garson Avenue.  Sad.  What to do???  I don't know how to answer.


Hi Janine,

My name is Jenna. I heard about you through a few people but also from work. I work at Walworth animal hospital and a client brought in a couple Cats a few weeks ago. I heard from the doctor that saw them that they were stopping and feeding the cats on your normal route because you had an injury. The doctor knows I live in that neighborhood and feed the cats and told me about it.  I rent a house on Garson avenue and have lived here for about 4 years. For probably the last three years or so I’ve been feeding stray cats and have had a few spayed or neutered at the bay st clinic and have found several good homes for the really friendly ones.  I also have a 4 shelters on my front porch. There are 2 cats In particular that I see almost everyday. Unfortunately due to a break up I am going to have to move as I can no longer afford to live here alone. I plan to stay here for several months until I can figure out what I can do for these cats. I feel horrible that I started feeding them and soon I won’t be here everyday. I was wondering if any of your stops are near my address at 562 Garson avenue. I don’t know what the best thing is for the cats. After I move I would still help feed them It just can’t be at my current address because a new family will eventually move in.  I’m just not sure where to start. I’m sorry to burden you as I know you already take on so much by helping these poor cats. I would really like your advise on what I should do with the ones I see regularly. Thank you very much.


Ugh.  So many cats.  So very sad!

On a brighter note, do you remember Frankie and LuLu?  LuLu was adopted as a kitten two years ago, and Frankie was adopted by the same adopter a year later.  Look at these cuties now!



FRANKIE BEFORE



LULU BEFORE
FRANKIE NOW

LULU NOW
PURE BLISS
What a great feeling.  Two cats off the street, in a beautiful warm, loving home, and never to reproduce. 

Thank you to all my adopters.  Without you, their lives would be hell.

Have a great day!


"Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come."




2 comments:

  1. Jenna,

    Perhaps you can trap as many of those precious kitties you have been feeding then bring them to the Clinic or perhaps Walworth Animal Hospital could donate the spay/neuter since you work there.

    Once that is done it would be so much easier to adopt out those that can be adopted.

    Perhaps the easiest thing you can do is find a new roommate to help pay the rent so you wouldn't have to move at all.

    Good luck to you and the Kitties. I cannot see where Janine can take on this extra responsibility especially being laid up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine and anonymous, is it not a good idea to continue to have communications with Jenna? I'm sure that several people in your support group, to include me, could help figure out something? Have you heard back from her? The idea of finding a new roommate seems like a good idea, if that is possible.

    ReplyDelete