Thursday, March 21, 2019

Emma!


Saffy and Fritzi updates - sorry, I don't have them today!





So Kings went out to feed at the first four shelters that I have on my route and called me at 4 am. to ask me if we should rescue this little tortie who has been hanging around and eating for quite a while, apparently (while I’ve been out).  Of course I said yes, and here we are, another rescue.  I named her Emma and she is at the clinic now being spayed and tested and all that other good stuff.

Finnigan

Harper

Jasper

In the meantime, I also have under my care three newbies.  We have Harper, Finnigan and Jasper.  Harper is a little girl aged about 4 mos. and the other two are boys and are about a year old.  All need spay/neuter, testing and shots.  Kristin has young girl at school who alerted her to a bad situation near her house, and Kristin jumped in to save these cats.  The first one was Ariel who is pregnant.  She actually found two cats placed in a storage bin container with the lid on!  EVIL.

When I started doing what I am doing in the Beechwood section, I did it ALONE.  No one knew about it, and I never received donations for all the cats I rescued and treated medically.  This was back in the day that Habitat for Cats had a clinic on the Bay and it costs $50 to get a cat done.  My goal was to rescue and TNR as many cats as I could in the Beechwood section where I fed every day.  Today, I receive a gazillion requests for help, or am asked if I can take cats under my rescue.  This means my fosters are strained and I can’t do what I set out to do back 15 years?  I need more fosters.  Plain and simple.  I need financial help for all these cats.  Plain and simple. 

Joel, our literary star, offered to help trap Big Red on Short Street.  He tried on Tuesday, and then tried this morning at 4 am.  No sign of him.  But he DID trap a cat, twice!  But it’s a cat that has a collar on, but has been hanging around since last year.  She, or he, was on my list.  My list of rescue.  There are many before her.  A sweet one on 7th, Ranger on Central and Fifth, etc.  Joel will keep trying and has offered to do other locations as well.  THANK YOU JOEL for all your help!\


Update on Griffin from Baldwin.  And sweet girl named Erin adopted him late last year, and she is in love!!  She is posting pictures of him all over her apartment!  




Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes that girl tuxedo kitty with the bell collar is rather ditzy ! She got in the trap the first time, I let her out, and she came right back in again a half hour later !
    At least I proved the trap is working !
    :P

    ReplyDelete