Monday, March 25, 2019

Charlie!

Happy Monday, first full week of spring!  Busy weekend, busy putting around on my scooter, asking people to do this and that, I can’t reach below my knee, and I am dropping way too many things these days.  This is just the worst experience of my life.  Doctor next week.  Woo hoo.

So, in my ‘custody’ we have Ariel, Junebug, Joey, Harper, Jasper, Finnegan, Annie, Ben (going to new home on Wednesday), Larry, Sabrina, Parsley and Hermie.  Did I forget anyone?  I have a lot of applications in for the furry fluffy ones, Junebug and Joe, and Finnegan.  What about the short hairs?  They are just as lovable!  How come everyone wants the fluffies, although sinking my nose into their fur this morning when they jumped on my lap for a cuddle, who can resist, really.  Right?  But the others are Just as cuddly.  Lets hear it for the short hairs!  Ha.

OK, back to reality here.  The person that trashed my shelters last week on Melville, his garden is behind his house on Parsells and he cherishes it. He said the cats are doing their business on the garden.  Kings was able to meet him and tell him my mission, and he seemed to understand.  I immediately searched for cat repellent and found a motion detecting sprinkler online and ordered it for him.  I want to show him I care about his garden, and my cats.  The day after Kings put the shelter back together, it was trashed again.  The man said he had nothing to do with it.  Just pure fun for some punks living near there.  My mission is to help the man by going to the vacant lot next to him, which borders the shelters that are on the vacant lot on Melville, by raking the leaves and removing the trash.  It snowed this weekend, so we are hoping for this Saturday.  A bunch of wonderful people offered to help.

I’m so grateful. ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’—

Thank you to Laura, Kim, Saturday Sheryl, Beth L. and Nicole C, and finally to Kate S. and Kings.  They all helped to feed at the 20 or so shelters that in total, over 100 cats, that were waiting for them.  From Friday through today.  Thank you thank you thank you.  My goal is to at least ride shotgun with someone very soon. 

Today’s highlight is Charlie.  Charlie was a cat that I would see from a distance when I had a shelter on Third and Central before they tore the house down. HE never let me get too close to him. One day, he did.  And I snatched him up.  What a beautiful boy, street tough looking, but he turned out to be very sweet.  After getting him medical attention, neutering, etc., a woman contacted me and said she would like Charlie for her dad for his birthday.  She came to meet him, and that was that.  Charlie is an only cat in an awesome home with an awesome dad, and human Sister!  J

Click on the pics to see up close!










Just after rescue at my house


I couldn't help myself. I love Charlie. He's so HANDSOME!

Have a great day!

"Words to Live By

Count your many blessings.
Give Thanks with a grateful heart 
each and every day.
Gather together with family and friends.
Have faith and live with grace.
Practice humility and find peace in forgiveness.
Spread joy and inspire hope
in the hearts of others.
Enjoy the little things.
Seek beauty and meaning. 
Inspire and be inspired.
Live with a full heart.
Spread kindness, give generously, 
and show gratitude.
Find strength from within.
Find serenity and courage in prayer.
See every moment as a gift.
Love and laugh abundantly.  
Share your bountiful blessings."

1 comment: