Tuesday, December 18, 2018

FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS! DECEMBER 17TH! DEBBIE S.!!!

Hey Folks, I think I am behind here.  Sorry, isn't today the 18th?

DEBBIE S!!!  What can I say about Debbie?  She is just pure sweet.  I met her through a friend also in rescue and ever since, Debbie has supported me in whatever way she can.  She also makes great raffle baskets for fundraisers!  Thank you Debbie, I can't wait to come crash your house in Florida!  :)

Let me reiterate, when you donate to this fundraiser, via the DONATE button on this blog, or on my website, you are actually helping to feed over 100 cats in the Beechwood section of Rochester, or I call it the Public Market area.  There are thousands of cats in this area, and I try to get them all.  Outside of the 100 cat count, there are dozens of ferals that swing by after I leave.  I can count 100 because they are the semi - feral.  Some won't let me touch them but get somewhat close - some will come up and just stand there for a head pat and chin scratch.  Those are the ones on my list:  my rescue list.  So far..  I can't wait for the count from Kristin.... but I believe its over 60 this year.  Last year it was over 100 because of all the kittens!  Yup, I just scoop them up, TRY TO place gently into a carrier, get the to the vet, get them home to get used to the indoors, and get them adopted!

There are some still waiting for that final phase in their lives.  They are:

Sabrina



Katie



Parsley



Hermie



Jule



Holly



Bunny



Noel



Lets find them a home for Christmas!


The cat’s song

Mine, says the cat, putting out his paw of darkness.
My lover, my friend, my slave, my toy, says
the cat making on your chest his gesture of drawing
milk from his mother’s forgotten breasts.

Let us walk in the woods, says the cat.
I’ll teach you to read the tabloid of scents,
to fade into shadow, wait like a trap, to hunt.
Now I lay this plump warm mouse on your mat.

You feed me, I try to feed you, we are friends,
says the cat, although I am more equal than you.
Can you leap twenty times the height of your body?
Can you run up and down trees? Jump between roofs?

Let us rub our bodies together and talk of touch.
My emotions are pure as salt crystals and as hard.
My lusts glow like my eyes. I sing to you in the mornings
walking round and round your bed and into your face.

Come I will teach you to dance as naturally
as falling asleep and waking and stretching long, long.
I speak greed with my paws and fear with my whiskers.
Envy lashes my tail. Love speaks me entire, a word

of fur. I will teach you to be still as an egg
and to slip like the ghost of wind through the grass.



1 comment: