Thursday, December 20, 2018

FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS! DECEMBER 19TH!! LYNNE S.!

LYNNE!  SAWYERS MOM!!!  Thank you for helping to feed many kitties for Christmas! 

Sawyer was a scruffy, dirty old unneutered male when I rescued from the very cold, I believe on Pennsylvania Avenue at least ...  four years ago Lynne?  Thats when Lynne opened her heart and home for this boy.  Thank you Lynne!

I just found the post from February, 2015!   I share that with you now.... 

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2015

UGGGG.




Wolves - 1/31/15 - Penfield - taken in the back yard of a friend's house
Yes, it was a tough morning for me out there.  But not as tough as it is for the cats that stand only three to five (?) inches from the ground.  Its so hard for their little legs to get through the six inches of snow, at least, that we had overnight.  Not to mention the drifts that come up to my knees.  I did a lot of shoveling at each of my spots.  This storm kicked ass because it came from the northeast.  My shelters are blocked from the westerly storms not so much from the north and east.  So a lot of snow got in a few of the shelters, where thankfully a few of the kitties were huddled when I walked up to them.  This is what I would call blizzard conditions.  Wind gusts will reach up to at least 35 mph, and the driving is treacherous.  I have to drive to another location this morning a lot further than what I am used to, have to use the main freeways which, as we all know, are worst than driving on back roads.  There are a lot of dumb drivers out there, and you just can't help having to drive next to or behind one.

It was uneventful out there for me the past two mornings, except yesterday I had a reporter from the Democrat and Chronicle newspaper come over to interview me!  I was a hot mess, always nervous doing something where the world will see me, so she told me to get a glass of wine, and I obeyed her.  :)  She was a cute young reporter, graduated from RIT in photojournalism, and had just moved back to Rochester from Michigan, where she met her boyfriend, who has also moved to Rochester to be with her.  This girl is going places - the next Diane Sawyer!  I tried to get the points I wanted across to her, so that they are conveyed in the story, and hopefully the City of Rochester will pay more attention that their needs to be some kind of program set up to help these homeless cats out there.  We need to stop the population progression, so that there are less and less until it is totally eradicated.  I know some of you are smirking, but it could possibly be done some day.  Not totally, but it would be manageable.  Right now its totally out of control, when you have one person, me, feeding over a hundred cats a day, and trying to get them all neutered and spayed.  Its a project that needs community involvement, and I just don't know where we can start, but there has to be a beginning somehow.  The story will be ready in a few weeks, she wants to come out with me some morning to get some pictures.  If you go online and read the story that was yesterday's headlines, the unidentified girl who's body was dumped in a cornfield or something, years ago, and has now been identified, she did the video of that, and pictures, and the story was truly touching, enough for me to tear up.  That is the template of the interview of me that she will be using.  And I will be her first interview story!  I am honored!  Here is the link:  http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2015/01/30/andreatta-tammy-jo-alexander-hager-haywood/22593467/

SAWYER!

I rescued another cat yesterday morning, who hopefully will also make the paper!  I had no business rescuing  him when I didn't have a home lined up already, as I have my poor Jelly Bean, Elvis, and Gemma still needing homes, but this little guy walked up to me and looked into my eyes.  He said, please, take me home.  And I did, and he came willingly, there was no struggle.  I named him Sawyer, and he is a cuddle bug.  So now we have Sawyer, Elvis, Gemma, and Jelly Bean that all need homes - please consider. 

Have a great day!

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. " 


SAWYER Then

SAWYER Now


That was a great rescue, indeed.

I keep forgetting to mention, when I pulled up to the shelter behind the house on the corner of Ferndale and Webster on Tuesday morning, I nearly fainted.  These two huge and heavy shelters, gone.  This is where I've rescued so many kittens, and finally had the mom TNR'd, and have fed so many - and have dealt with Mary Leigh for so many years - and it was gone.   The shelter was gone. I got out, with heavy heart, and walked over to the spot, in the dark, to place a dish of food and water at least, and thank God I looked over to the other side of the fence on a privately owned lot, because there it was.  I went around the house, and into the lot, and who ever moved it, had a very compassionate heart.   And it couldn't have been just one person, no way.  Those were extremely heavy.  The shelters were rebuilt to resemble Fort Knox.  They screwed the tarp right into the shelter, bolted down the sides with heavy stones, it was unbelieveable how whoever did this took the time to rebuild it on the other side of the fence!

I know this is a HUD house, and I got wind of the fact that they wanted it moved so they could sell the property or do something with it, and I had left a note begging to wait until springtime as this was the only shelter from the winter these cats had.   But a month or two went by and I figured they were good with it.  I didn't see any cats that first morning, but when I went to check on the food to see if eaten the second morning, yesterday, thank God I saw momma cat go in.  I felt a whole lot better.  So whoever that angel, or angels were, thank you so much.  The problem will be when the homeowner next door has her property maintained in the spring, the shelter will be removed.  Its the oddest thing.  The house on the other side of the lot, on Webster, has been vacant for I don't know how many years.  but she - I found out the owners name - has had the lot next door maintained every year.  I had problems many years ago with the guy next to that house who continually destroyed my shelters on that lot, where the police were involved.  Lets hope this lasts for the winter, at least.

Here are pictures of the recent adoption of Spencer, the kitten.  He's loved beyond measure, he and his brother Bogie, who they adopted two years ago (formerly Dasher).







That's all I have. 

Have a great day!


"The three little kittens, they lost their mittens,"

The three little kittens, they lost their mittens,
And they began to cry,
"Oh, mother dear, we sadly fear,
That we have lost our mittens."
"What!   Lost your mittens, you naughty kittens!
Then you shall have no pie."
"Meow, meow, meow."
"Then you shall have no pie."

The three little kittens, they found their mittens,
And they began to cry,
"Oh, mother dear, see here, see here,
For we have found our mittens."
"Put on your mittens, you silly kittens,
And you shall have some pie."
"Purr, purr, purr,
Oh, let us have some pie."

The three little kittens put on their mittens,
And soon ate up the pie,
"Oh, mother dear, we greatly fear,
That we have soiled our mittens."
"What, soiled your mittens, you naughty kittens!"
Then they began to sigh,
"Meow, meow, meow,"
Then they began to sigh.

The three little kittens, they washed their mittens,
And hung them out to dry,
"Oh, mother dear, do you not hear,
That we have washed our mittens?"
"What, washed your mittens, then you're good kittens,
But I smell a rat close by."
"Meow, meow, meow,
We smell a rat close by."

1 comment:

  1. Those are precious photos of Spencer and his big brother, Bogey. <3

    ReplyDelete