Monday, December 17, 2018

FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS! DECEMBER 15TH! CAROL O!!!

CAROL O!  CAROL adopted four cats from me!!!  She is for sure a crazy cat lady!  :) Carol even see this post because she has told me time and again that she can't read this blog because its too sad for her.  Well, I am glad she did at least four times, because she and her husband Mike are now the proud parents of FOUR cats I rescued from the streets.

GRETA

ABBY

MURPHY

ALICE

Here is what Carol wrote once for the blog.

I’ll confess – there are times when, for any number of reasons I find it hard to read Janine’s blog.  When I met her several years ago I was very content with one cat and one dog.  Today, I have four cats.  Yes, that is one reason I find it hard to read Janine’s blog.  How in the world can you say ‘no’ to those precious kitties?  Like Lay’s potato chips, you can’t have just one

Sam, my sweet boy who I had when I met Janine left us at the ripe old age of 19.  It’s always hard to let go, but he had a good long life and it was his choice to go.  He would be happy we have opened our home to his cousins.

Today, we have Abby, Greta, Alice and Murphy.  Each came to us through the caring hands of Janine Wagner.  If they could talk they would tell you that life on the streets is no life at all; they lived in constant fear and never knew when (or if) their next meal would come.  They would let you know that all they ever wanted was for someone to love them.

Since I can talk (boy can I talk), I will say ‘Thank You’ to Janine Wagner on their behalf.  And, ‘Thank You,’ to the many people who help and support her.  Abby, Greta, Alice and Murphy have brought more joy into our home than words can possibly describe. 


To show our gratitude, my husband and I make a monthly donation of food or contribute to Rochester Community Animal Services in Janine’s name.  Please join us with your support of Janine and her efforts to rescue Rochester’s stray cats, one at a time.  

Thank you Carol.  You and Mikey are always in my heart.

So, lets talk about today.    As we went to feed on the porch of a vacant house on Central, not one of my regular stops, but I've been feeding because I've seen a few black cats there, so at the top of the steps lay a black cat, and it had obviously been dead for several hours. I wrapped his body up in a blanket, and proceeded to finish up rounds and then go back for him where I could lay him somewhere more humane than a bush on the side of the road.  Onto the next two, but just before I crossed Bay Street to Syd and Johnny's - where I have a shelter on the side of the building - I noticed something in the road to my right.  I drove to it, and realized it was another dead cat, splattered all over the road.  I got out, grabbed a blanket, wrapped that baby the best I could, and set him on the curb.  Knowing I would come back for him too after I finished up my rounds.  Off to the next round, and after that are the median cats on Central. Across from the Pentecostal Church where the 'DEACON' told me - and the cats - to stay off their property.  As I stood there with a very hungry black kitty waiting for its food, a police car, with its siren blaring at full strength, went zipping past my illegally pulled over truck (I was practically in the middle of the road - I get out and lay food down quickly and then get back in the truck - no one is ever around), and then came another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another - wait -yes, that was 10 police cars with their sirens blaring and going 80 miles an hour past me.  I just stood there, spellbound.  I watched down to Goodman and they hung a right.  I then had to go scoop up the bodies waiting for me - their little souls already with God.   I still can't understand the mindset of someone hitting an animal and keep on going.  Poor baby died instantly.  I am not quite sure what happened to the little porch kitty.  Little angels.

Boy would I like to know what happened with the police. never have I seen something like that before.



Thumper went to his new home on Sunday - his adopters are two of the sweetest people.  Parents to a girl that adopted two kitties from me - Tucker and Buster - this past spring.  Thumper is still quite shy, so we will see how he does in the coming weeks.

There is SO much more, but I must get to work!  What a weekend!

Please wait for me my baby.  Mommy loves you.


No comments:

Post a Comment